Here's the difference for Iowa winning the west!

kg21

Reaction score
All 4 teams have flaws.

Purdue and Minnesota played a healthy OSU team, who was better and healthy at qb.

Wisconsin played PSU, who was was healthy at qb.

Iowa would have gotten beat by PSU, but Clifford got hurt.

Would have been four 5-3 teams. That's your difference.

Of course, we have no one to blame but ourselves.

We are playing better each year.
Fleck is building a deeper roster year in, year out.

Wisconsin had an edge the last couple years, but they know it's not like the last two decades.
Iowa has been able to hold off Fleck, but even Harbaugh got his day, Fleck will get his as well, and it's not far off.

We are playing better each year.
Fleck is building a deeper roster year in, year out.

Wisconsin had an edge the last couple years, but they know it's not like the last two decades.
Iowa has been able to hold off Fleck, but even Harbaugh got his day, Fleck will get his as well, and it's not far off.
We are no longer over matched in talent vs our rivals. These games now are coming down to execution on the field on the given day.

Iowa is the Alpha dog in the Big Ten West. PJ Fleck will change that.

The first order of business is beat d@mn Iowa!

In the past it was easy to look at a loss to Iowa, say they were bigger, stronger and faster and opine that the Gophers needed to get bigger, stronger and faster to beat them. That wasn't the case this year and that's why that game was a kick in the nuts.

It's worse than that. I must have been posting at the same time you were, but Iowa was VERY fortunate in multiple games this year. They would have a had a very lucky year to finish 5-3 in conference play and they somehow got to 6-2. I think they were the 4th best team in the West this year behind Minnesota, Wisconsin, and Purdue.

Iowa fans know it.

Them happily watch us beat Wisconsin today, somewhere inside their stomach they know their run against us is coming to an abrupt halt.

Just need to keep recruiting well. We are seeing young players play well very early I.e. Bucky, Walley,

We are no longer over matched in talent vs our rivals. These games now are coming down to execution on the field on the given day.

Although frustrated at times with execution and tactics this season, this might be my greatest consolation. The Gophs have the talent and depth to beat most top 25 teams on a good day.

Top Bottom