Henry Brooks to visit

gopherfan3

Reaction score
According to Ryan James
"Three star Georgia power forward Henry Brooks plans to visit Minnesota later this month. Brooks is a 6-foot-8 2011 prospect."

Looks to be high on his list according to Rivals. Some pretty solid offers including Georgetown, Georgia Tech, Maryland, Virginia Tech, and a few others...

I am still thinking we should go after a PG, but if that doesn't happen, this wouldn't be a bad pickup.

Clipped From AJC Blog

Henry Brooks, a 6-8 senior swingman, has offers from Boston College, Penn, Harvard and Princeton. White said he plans on trying to generate some interest from Georgia Tech in Brooks, who has close to a 4.0 GPA.

I believe he would be a solid pick up for a late scholly offer, in comparison with what happened last year.

We have plenty of scholarships to for both a pg and a big. This isn't an either/or situation.

It's not. But usually once you are late in the process you are left with lesser talent as much of it is already gone. I would in some instances want to save a scholarship for next years class unless we can get something of worthy talent level.

Confused

We have plenty of scholarships to for both a pg and a big. This isn't an either/or situation.

I am confused. I thought we only had the "Devoe" scholarship in hand for use in class of 2011. Am I wrong, again?

We are talking 2011 so right now we only have Devoe's scholarship. Are there other open scholarships right now that I am forgetting?
There are expected to be 3 (Colton, Mbakwe, and Sampson) open for 2012 unless someone leaves for some reason...

Top Bottom