Helmet tease

I actually don't mind the white helmet. I still prefer chrome though.

Stop trying to make white helmets a thing
I hate them with a passion. I don't mind the new large decals, but the yellow helmets are SO much better than white IMO. I now know how people feel about black jerseys (which I don't mind, lol). Not a big deal though...just win please.

11 wins is really really good in my book.
Sounds good. Whatever helps, the qualifications have been adjusted for enduring the last 60 years of Gopher Football.

Okay - Enough wins to get into a bowl game.
Good - 7-8 wins and a bowl game against a MAC team whose HC is leaving for a P5 school after the season.
Really good - At least 9 wins and a bowl game that starts at either 4:30pm or 9pm on a weeknight.
Really, really good - 11 wins, even with a floundered opportunity at a Big Ten West title, and a bowl game played on New Years Day.
Really, really, really good - At least 11 wins and a Big Ten West Title, and a New Years Day bowl, preferably a NY6 bowl.
Really, really, really, really good - At least 11 wins and a Big Ten Title, and a NY6 bowl or CFP game.
Really, really, really, really, really good - A National Championship.

Note: An exclamation point can be added if either the Axe or Floyd goes to Minnesota.
Example: 2021 was "really good!".

So let me rephrase my original post (#25).

"The last time the Gophers were really, really, really, really, really good they had white helmets."

Sounds good. Whatever helps, the qualifications have been adjusted for enduring the last 60 years of Gopher Football.

Good - 7-8 wins and a bowl game against a MAC team whose HC is leaving for a P5 school after the season.
Really good - At least 9 wins and a bowl game that starts at either 4:30pm or 9pm on a weeknight.
Really, really good - 11 wins, even with a floundered opportunity at a Big Ten West title, and a bowl game played on New Years Day.
Really, really, really good - At least 11 wins and a Big Ten West Title, and a New Years Day bowl, preferably a NY6 bowl.
Really, really, really, really good - At least 11 wins and a Big Ten Title, and a NY6 bowl or CFP game.

Note: An exclamation point can be added if either the Axe or Floyd goes to Minnesota.

"The last time the Gophers were really, really, really, really, really good they had white helmets."
Ha. Thanks for the clarification.

How abou

How about the last time they were great...

Ok, I need more meds or something. I have watched this video five times and I don't see anything on the uniforms that honors vets. I'm not objecting and am frankly glad that we don't have red/white/blue mixed in. Yet the title says "dressed to the nines to honor our heroes." What am I not seeing?

Ok, I need more meds or something. I have watched this video five times and I don't see anything on the uniforms that honors vets. I'm not objecting and am frankly glad that we don't have red/white/blue mixed in. Yet the title says "dressed to the nines to honor our heroes." What am I not seeing?
I don't directly see anything either. I did see a Twitter comment about the helmet mimicking a bald eagle with the white helmet and yellow/gold facemask (beak). Could be a stretch 🤷‍♂️

This is genuinely the first time that I think one of our uni combos looks bad. There’s… a lot going on. I’ve had some that I wasn’t a fan of, but could understand the appeal. I just don’t know about these ones.
The color scheme on these reminds me of a Tri-Colored Tiger Lollipop from the 1970s. One of those - if you know, you know kind of things. But agree - these aren’t very appealingE14DE26C-749A-4FAE-A4EE-2ADC8A2D65A3.jpeg

Last edited:

I yam liking these unis. Even more than black!! 🕺

Top Bottom