Hello Gopher fans, Southern Miss fan here...

Talking a little trash is one thing. Advocating bodily harm to someone shows yall stupidity.

Actually, on a message board it seems more likely that it's showing a difference in colloquialism rather than level of intelligence. By the way, if you bothered looking it up you would find "y'all" in the Merriam-Webster dictionary.

Actually, on a message board it seems more likely that it's showing a difference in colloquialism rather than level of intelligence. By the way, if you bothered looking it up you would find "y'all" in the Merriam-Webster dictionary.

Pretty sure Bootylicious is in there as well

Sent from my LIFE PLAY using Tapatalk

Reading this makes me wish more fans of opposing teams would visit. Awesome!

Actually, there are long time posters who are fans of other teams, and have gotten along fine here for years. I'm guessing they didn't storm onto the scene with a slew of insulting posts.

Feel free to correct any grammar errors. I don't care.

Pretty sure bootylisous is in there as well

Sent from my LIFE PLAY using Tapatalk

As it should be if it's a widely accepted word. If you look long enough, oh, maybe 10 seconds, you can find a Minnesota dictionary that has much less "widely accepted" verbiage than "y'all".

Actually, there are long time posters who are fans of other teams, who have gotten along fine here for years. I'm guessing that they didn't storm onto the scene with a slew of insulting posts.

HAHA - mine wasn't actually a "grammar" correction. My "you're" v "your" was a dig at using the wrong spelling in a comment about Southern education.

Commenting on grammar mistakes is childish unless irony is involved :)

And YES, visiting fans of game day opponents is a lot of fun. It's the old "if everyone was the same it'd be a boring world" mindset. If all you get are people who agree with you all the time then life, and message boards, become very stale and boring.

Looking forward to the game tonight. It's gonna be a great game. On behalf of Southern Miss fans/players, I'd like to thank DeAndre Mathieu for his comments after yalls win over Saint Mary's:

The win pushes Minnesota into the third round of the tournament against Southern Mississippi, which beat Missouri 71-63 on Sunday. The winner of Tuesday's game heads to the semifinals at Madison Square Garden. "I'm really excited to get there, it's going to mean a lot, just playing for a championship," said DeAndre Mathieu, talking as if the Gophers had already punched their ticket for New York.
http://scores.espn.go.com/ncb/recap?gameId=400547457

Wow, really dude???

Score prediction:

Southern Miss 73
Burrowing Rodents 66

Here's to an injury-free game. Cheers!

In that case WinOrLose, you might want inform your buddy who got this thread going that it should be y'alls. I was simply trying to be respectful to the way y'all misuse proper grammar.

Actually, there are long time posters who are fans of other teams, and have gotten along fine here for years. I'm guessing they didn't storm onto the scene with a slew of insulting posts.

I have been here for a while and I am a fan of the most hated Gopher team EVER, the Wisconsin Badgers. However, I lived in MN for a bit and went to college in MN which has made me appreciate the Gophers as well. At first it was tough on here, but after a while people seem to be somewhat civil to me and appreciate/respect my comments (or so I hope). I think the guy that said Miss was a better place to live than MN pretty much dug the grave for all of Miss fans on gopherhole. Anyways...should be a decent game, with the Gophers pulling away in the second half.

To chat with Gophers. Do you not visit opponents boards?

I think some people on this board equate reading opponents' boards with trolling opponents' boards, and consider themselves to be above such behavior. Part of this probably comes from the fact that there are a handful of Wisconsin fans (Wisconsin is our primary rival by the way, followed by Iowa) who post on this board and are frequently not received well, and get responses like "go back to your own board troll!" and so I think some posters here consider themselves to be above visiting and posting on other teams' boards, because they find it pathetic when Wisconsin fans post here. Personally I read other teams' boards sometimes, mostly Wisconsin and Illinois, though I've been to most Big Ten teams' message boards at some time or another. I don't post on them though because I honestly don't think I'd have much to contribute.

InfluentialDonor made a negative/aggressive post toward Gophers. That's certainly not something to be found on this board.

I could see where the original post could come across as slightly inflammatory, a couple of the first responses might have overreacted a bit to that post, and it eventually escalated into the trash talk fest we have here. I actually thought some of it was fairly good-natured smack talk, and I have found this thread very entertaining if nothing else. If the OP had said something like, "These are our best 2 or 3 players and what they're good at, here's what our team does well and what they struggle with, tell me about your team," there would probably be more civil conversation going on here, but as I said earlier, I could see where the OP could come across as bashing one of our players, and I guess the first few people who saw this thread didn't take it well.

I'd like to think we're capable of being nice to opposing fans. There was a guy from Syracuse who came over here this past December before our bowl game against them with whom we had some good conversation. There was plenty of trash talk in the lead-up to that game, but this one guy at least was able to keep it civil and it was nice having him on our board for awhile.

I've been to Minnesota. Once. I had a great time. Admittedly it was a very long time ago but it was a nice time.

To top it off, this is the freaking NiT we're talking about here. Who cares? I can't imagine trolling an opposition fan board over an NIT game. I'll admit that it's been fun though. Good luck.

One hour and and 15 minutes to tip off - let's see how many of these 'wise' folks hang around.

In that case WinOrLose, you might want inform your buddy who got this thread going that it should be y'alls. I was simply trying to be respectful to the way y'all misuse proper grammar.

Sorry, but I have a hard enough time defending my own comments and keeping up with others when responders want to go all technical on me. He's on his own with all y'all :) .

I am surprised no one from Mississippi brought up the election of J. Ventura as governor. ufdah. :rolleyes:

To top it off, this is the freaking NiT we're talking about here. Who cares? I can't imagine trolling an opposition fan board over an NIT game. I'll admit that it's been fun though. Good luck.

THAT'S why; because it's fun. Of course it's the NIT and nobody outside of the team and the fans care. But isn't that who we are, the fans?

Wait a second...this state thinks they can give us crap?

"Until February 7, 2013, the state of Mississippi had never submitted the required documentation to ratify the Thirteenth Amendment, meaning it never officially had abolished slavery."

well then no complaining about the hospitality right?

Correct, and I haven't complained about it. I've responded to it and pointed out the irony in bigoted comments calling us ignorant, fat and toothless….comments that pretty well define bigotry and prejudice, but I haven't complained.

640missippi-literacy-program-shows-improvement.jpg

THAT'S why; because it's fun. Of course it's the NIT and nobody outside of the team and the fans care. But isn't that who we are, the fans?

OK. It's tough for me to get worked up over an NIT game. Make yourself at home. LOL. There's a game thread stickied at the top of the page. Please join us.

OK. It's tough for me to get worked up over an NIT game. Make yourself at home. LOL. There's a game thread stickied at the top of the page. Please join us.

Probably won't do that, but thanks. What I will do is come back and sign off when I'm through watching. I go to work early so if the game is "over" early I'll pop in and congratulate you if the GGopher's win or say we played one of the best games of our season if the GEagles's win.

Top Bottom