Heisman Watch: Ranking the BT's Top Candidates for 2019 (7. Mohamed Ibrahim, RB, MN)

There’s a lot of talk how ZA may be better behind the new line (although that’s a little bit of revisionist history as the change was made vs Iowa) but little talk about how difficult life has been for Smith and Brooks in the old offense...yet they were still pretty productive. Bigger, stronger, faster, older. Obviously chronic injuries are part and parcel for some players and some backs like Brooks and Mo are more likely to get injured with the way they finish. History says the RB situation will change possibly game to game...

I would agree with everything you say here.

Assuming they are all healthy However, I expect Mo to be the number one receiver of carries.
I expect smith to be number 2 and catch more balls than Mo.

I expect Brooks to have a few games with a lot of carries and a few games with no carries.

I don't know who's better than who or who is the "starter", but I don't think you win a Heisman as a running back by sharing carries with 2 other players.

Reggie bush says hi.

I forgot he didn’t win it though. He was revoked

No I am not comparing Reggie bush to Mo

You're 100% right about injuries/durability and how they impact this situation.

Bud Grant used to say that the first requirement for being a star player was the ability to stay on the field, game after game.

All three (Smith, Brooks and Mo) have their own unique talents. I love Mo. I wish he had more burst/top line speed. But he can finish a run, that's for certain.

No doubt about that...the Punisher.

<iframe width="921" height="518" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/wD5-vjEf-00" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

There’s a lot of talk how ZA may be better behind the new line (although that’s a little bit of revisionist history as the change was made vs Iowa) but little talk about how difficult life has been for Smith and Brooks in the old offense...yet they were still pretty productive. Bigger, stronger, faster, older. Obviously chronic injuries are part and parcel for some players and some backs like Brooks and Mo are more likely to get injured with the way they finish. History says the RB situation will change possibly game to game...

Great post. It will be exciting to see what those two can do with that line. I think all three will get a good amount of carries...biggest upside to that is having a set of fresh legs to put in at the end of games and to have for the end of the season. I'm sure Fleck is thinking that but he'll also go with the hot runner.

Top Bottom