Heisman Trophy 2020 odds

How do two LSU WRs get odds with their QB graduating but Batemen doesn't get a look...

How do two LSU WRs get odds with their QB graduating but Batemen doesn't get a look...
Listing any WRs seems a little silly to begin with. When's the last time a WR (not a two way player) won the Heisman?

For a WR to to have any shot at a, he'd need to be on a top 10 team with a prolific passing offense - but in that case the QB would be a much more likely candidate. What would a realistic heisman season even look like for a WR?

Listing any WRs seems a little silly to begin with. When's the last time a WR (not a two way player) won the Heisman?

For a WR to to have any shot at a, he'd need to be on a top 10 team with a prolific passing offense - but in that case the QB would be a much more likely candidate. What would a realistic heisman season even look like for a WR?
To answer my own question, there have been two WR Heisman winners in history: Tim Brown in '87 and Desmond Howard (also a PR) in '91.

Only way I could see a WR winning as opposed to his QB would be if there were multiple QBs that played over the course of the season due to injury or more likely if that WR was a key part of the return game as well.

Bateman's chances of winning it over Morgan would be really slim but if he had a huge year alongside Morgan there is something to be said for being in the running even if you don't win. Great exposure for the program.

My point wasn't that a WR could win, it was that those two lost the key reason why they had the seasons they did.

My point wasn't that a WR could win, it was that those two lost the key reason why they had the seasons they did.
Oh I agree, I think Bateman should be ahead of both. My point was about the WR odds in general.

While not two way players per say.....Both Brown and Howard were prolific special team threats and returned punts or kick offs for touchdowns.

BetOnline_ag sounds pretty valid....

Bovada has Tanner Morgan opening at 80/1 and is now 60/1 - I'd suggest placing your TM2020 bet there.

BetOnline_ag sounds pretty valid....

Bovada has Tanner Morgan opening at 80/1 and is now 60/1 - I'd suggest placing your TM2020 bet there.
You have a track record of pumping Gopher QBs for the Heisman award.

I feel like being a part of a prolific passing offense almost hurts the WR's chances because everyone will view it as being a great offense with a great QB. I think it has to be a WR that dominates that's on a team that overall isn't great in the passing game. Like essentially he is the whole offense. Probably would also have to be a guy that does well in the return game also.

When Randy Moss finished 4th in the voting back in 1997, he had 26 of their 44 receiving TDs and accounted for almost 50% of the team's receiving yards. Now he had no chance of winning it because he did it at Marshall but if someone did something similar at a top 5-10 team, they have a shot IMO.

Top Bottom