Heading down the stretch in February...

Ogee Ogilthorpe

Over Macho Grande?
Reaction score
I'd really like to see what Bostick can do if he was getting Hoff's minutes. Like everyone else seems to be, I'm confused as to why he's not getting PT.

I think he offers some things that virtually nobody else on the roster does; the ability to score off the bounce, create his own shot, and he's a good perimeter shooter. If the issue is defense, can his defense be that bad that his offensive attributes wouldn't outweigh them? I think the assumption is that Tubby is using PT as a way of getting Bostick to completely buy into what he's trying to do in the big picture.

As a side note, a big difference between tonight and the 12/31 matchup; not only is Raymar Morgan out, but Paul Carter is "in", as he only had 8 minutes for the Gophers, still coming back from his injury. That's a huge swing in the rebounding department since Carter is beginning to emerge as one of the Gophers' best rebounders. Morgan had 10 and 10 in the first meeting.

Like any other game against MSU, if the Gophers can stay within 5 or so on the glass, they should be able to compete. They were seriously outclassed in the second half at the Barn a month ago though.

Should be a good one...

Good point on Carter

That is a big switch in our favor tonight. I think Bostick is a good player, as well, and will get his minutes eventually. Let's hope he becomes the requisite "you never heard of him" player this year that leads a team to the sweet sixteen.

As for Bostick, he seems way too inconsistent. Yeah, he had a great game vs PSU and good game against WI, but I can't seem to remember any other game this year where his presence has really given the team a lift. I hope he does real well, and I still think he'll contribute a lot during his career here, but as of right now, his role is where it deserves to be.

As for Bostick, he seems way too inconsistent. Yeah, he had a great game vs PSU and good game against WI, but I can't seem to remember any other game this year where his presence has really given the team a lift.

This is because he doesn't get any minutes. And this was the point that ogee was making.

Exactly...

This is because he doesn't get any minutes. And this was the point that ogee was making.

Since the Louisville game in late December, Bostick has played more than 10 minutes in 5 games. In those 5 games he's scored 52 points, never scoring less than 5 (in just 13 mintues).

In the other 7 games, he's played 10 minutes or less and has not scored a point.

He's clearly a player whose game is not conducive to spot duty. I don't know what's going on here but I'd sure like to see him get more of Hoff and JAS' minutes in the near future. I'm not saying he's the answer or a savior but he could sure help the Gophers out in the scoring column.

Tubby must have his reasons...

It certainly seems as if Tubby doesn't trust him and that is certainly his right as the head coach.

Playing time, almost always, is earned in practice. None of us know anything about what is happening there.

If I had to guess, it probably boils down to two things. Either Tubby doesn't trust Bostick enough to guard his man. Or he doesn't trust his decision-making ability. Or, I guess, a combination of the two.

Those are clearly Tubby's hot button issues. If you don't guard or are stupid with the ball, you don't play.

Tubby is keeping Bostick under wraps and he is going to spring him on the Big Ten in the second half of the season. Tubby is very wily.

A lot of players need to get into the flow of the game before they can be at their best and make an impact. I'm thinking Bostick is one of these guys.

Top Bottom