He has to resign right?

Replacement Gopher

Reaction score
He just has to know he is overmatched doesn't he? Getting owned at home by South Dakota and Northern Illinois. He has to quit on his own. Only way to save even some dignity.

He just has to know he is overmatched doesn't he? Getting owned at home by South Dakota and Northern Illinois. He has to quit on his own. Only way to save even some dignity.

Try and remember this is the same guy who after the South Dakota debacle spent a whole bunch of time telling everybody how much better the program was and how there was so much more talent than what he inherited. In other words, Brewster has no dignity. He has coach-speak, cliches, soundbites and nothing else.

And lose out on the remainder of his contract? Not a chance...

Didn't Monson walk from his contract? I mean, to think he is pulling in $1 million a year. He can't do that with a clean conscience. He tried his best, I was pulling for him and thought things were going in the right direction until South Dakota. I think he has some honor and he'll walk even if Maturi doesn't have the nuts to fire him.

Somewhere Mike Dunbar, Ted Roof, Everett Withers, and Jedd Fisch are laughing.

Somewhere Mike Dunbar, Ted Roof, Everett Withers, and Jedd Fisch are laughing.[/QUOTE]

And Glenn Mason just pee'd a little.

Doesn't Matter

who cares if he resignes vs. getting fired, we'll be left with the rest of the shi-tee staff to take over. bunch of recruiters, no coaches.

Please. When has he shown that level of class? He will claim to be blind-sided by his firing. At least the good news is at 1-11, not many will be able to argue that he should get any more time...

Didn't Monson walk from his contract? I mean, to think he is pulling in $1 million a year. He can't do that with a clean conscience. He tried his best, I was pulling for him and thought things were going in the right direction until South Dakota. I think he has some honor and he'll walk even if Maturi doesn't have the nuts to fire him.

Why would Roof and Withers be laughing? They just took better jobs.

I don't he'll leave on his own accord, that's what the buyout is for.

The question is--- does Maturi cut ties now and hope to salvage a couple Big Ten wins and score points with the fan base or does he give Brew the year and hope no more damage can be done.

Please. When has he shown that level of class? He will claim to be blind-sided by his firing. At least the good news is at 1-11, not many will be able to argue that he should get any more time...

Exactly, I would never put the word class and Brewster in the same sentence.

I don't he'll leave on his own accord, that's what the buyout is for.

The question is--- does Maturi cut ties now and hope to salvage a couple Big Ten wins and score points with the fan base or does he give Brew the year and hope no more damage can be done.

No more damage? We have to play OSU and Wisc, both of whom hit 70 points today. Better to put in a new coach and prepare for next year.

Like I said after the USD game, if Brewster was Japanese the cleaning lady in Bierman would find Brewster in his office tomorrow morning with entrails all over the place. Hari-Kari would be the only honorable way out. TB should man up and submit his letter of resignation before Maturi works up the cajones to fire him. Actually, they should both submit their letters of resignation to Bruininks, and see which get accepted.

Exactly, I would never put the word class and Brewster in the same sentence.

I think you are both wrong.

He knows there are higher expectations here than what we have seen. He will understand there needed to be a change....whenever it happens.

It makes me mad to have to mail it in against Wiscy and Iowa this year...but we have nothing better. Dang it!!!

GM

My question is how is he going to spin it the next time he is asked the question about his "light years ahead" comment, or how he see's improvement when his defense is getting carved for over 200 yards on the ground!

I advocated a wait and see approach through this week. Tonight I saw players that periodically looked as if they didn't care. I saw Christyn Lewis injure himself celebrating a tackle made 2 plays after giving up a 50-yard gain. And I saw our team make inexcusable mistake after inexcusable mistake to a lesser team.

Fire Brewster Now.

Does this mean the fatman from Kansas is coming? Maybe a mad thought, but wouldn't be weird to have another Kansas coach to come in to save the program from a near death experience.

Does this mean the fatman from Kansas is coming? Maybe a mad thought, but wouldn't be weird to have another Kansas coach to come in to save the program form a near death experience.

Maturi would never have to balls to hire a coach with any sort of controversy associated with him. I do not want mangino

Monson negotiated a buy-out.

Go Gophers!!

Bob Ligashesky will be named the next coach of the Gophers. Maturi has a clearly-defined method to his madness. And it is exactly that kind of genius thinking that helped the Gophers land Brewster over a bevy of other potential suitors that were clammering for Brewster's superior coaching services 4 years ago.

Top Bottom