Hasan Lipscomb

doctor j

Reaction score
Any news on this kid? In the spring someone mentioned he was on campus and expected to play in the fall.

Great Question - I was just wondering the same thing...

Any news on this kid? In the spring someone mentioned he was on campus and expected to play in the fall.

I think he has one more year of Juco to go before he is eligible to return to the U. Others have explained that when you go Juco as a non-qualifier you have to complete 2 years there first. Don't know for sure if that's the case or not.

It's more complicated than that. It matters why you don't qualify too. For instance if you're short credits you just need to complete the missing course work. With Hasan it was always a question of what exactly was required, he had originally intended to be here this fall. But no word thus far if that will actually happen.

Me thinks it was a combo of missing coursework due to Katrina and ACT, so I think he needed to finish said coursework and then have an acceptable ACT score. If he wasn't able to achieve that then I think he was going to have to complete his two year to qualify. But it wasn't a given that he had to finish the two year when he enrolled at Blinns.

I hope he gets here soon, I believe he is our answer at RB

I'm almost postive I read an article that said he had to finish his second year of Juco before being able to play for the Gophers. However I can't find the link that so many of you crave for. :cry:

I'm almost postive I read an article that said he had to finish his second year of Juco before being able to play for the Gophers. However I can't find the link that so many of you crave for. :cry:

Here is the GH interview where he talks about it:

http://www.forums.gopherhole.com/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=1123

I recall there was discussion on this after the article, and if he had his facts right in saying he could play right away - or would have to wait the full 2 years.

It's more complicated than that. It matters why you don't qualify too. For instance if you're short credits you just need to complete the missing course work. With Hasan it was always a question of what exactly was required, he had originally intended to be here this fall. But no word thus far if that will actually happen.

Me thinks it was a combo of missing coursework due to Katrina and ACT, so I think he needed to finish said coursework and then have an acceptable ACT score. If he wasn't able to achieve that then I think he was going to have to complete his two year to qualify. But it wasn't a given that he had to finish the two year when he enrolled at Blinns.

Me thinks?

Top Bottom