Has it ever happened

tmvander

Reaction score
What if... it's just a what if so you optimistic people just stay with me...but what if we lose out.

Has it ever happened where a team started ranked and lost every single game?

What if... it's just a what if so you optimistic people just stay with me...but what if we lose out.

probably not, particularly given that there are no patsies on anyone's schedule like there usually are

It's a fair question. I think if we dig deep and not get by Purdue we can get it done. Joe Salem is starting to look pretty good.

Complaining and jumping off the boat continues...man o live.

I don't think so, but 2015 UCF managed to go 0-12 two years after going to the Fiesta Bowl, and a year after tying for 1st in their conference.

Two years after that, UCF was 13-0 "national champs" under Scott Frost.

Of course, Wikipedia tracks CFB futility

Miami of Ohio was ranked at 11-1 in 1975 and went 3-8 in 1976....took them a while to get the first win. Bounced back to 10-1 in 1977.

It's a fair question. I think if we dig deep and not get by Purdue we can get it done. Joe Salem is starting to look pretty good.

Yeh, whenever we've had tough games, Joe Salem is always the former Gopher coach I long for.

TIL on Wikipedia that 1955 Alabama went 0-10 with Bart Starr in his senior season at QB, losing all games by at least 15 points.

The Gophers were ranked 19th after a 3-0 start in '82, then fell apart after losing a big, anticipated game on TV with Illinois. Lost every game after that and continued on a two-year mostly losing streak, getting blown out by almost every opponent in '83 with unbelievable scores, our all-time worst defense. Salem fired, Holtz hired.

The Gophers were ranked 19th after a 3-0 start in '82, then fell apart after losing a big, anticipated game on TV with Illinois. Lost every game after that and continued on a two-year mostly losing streak, getting blown out by almost every opponent in '83 with unbelievable scores, our all-time worst defense. Salem fired, Holtz hired.

Beat me to it. The downfall of Joe Salem was the first thing I thought of.

I was at that game fool that I am.

U losers act as tho we have never experienced losing in gopher football. Come on this is what we do.

Top Bottom