Harrison Van Dyne

Silly silly conversation. Unless you know something about the upcoming hearings the rest of us don't, there is no way, absolutely no way, you can think we are more set at DB than WR. That idea is insane.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The amount of WRs isn't really a problem. The amount of DBs is, but Fleck is still trying to add DBs. Still plenty of scholarships open.

With the commit this morning we have 0 scholarships available until we know what happens at the hearing.

With the commit this morning we have 0 scholarships available until we know what happens at the hearing.

I would be floored if we didn't take a full class (28). Expect 5 more guys to sign.

Even if these punishments weren't looming, I would expect a few more transfers just because of the new coach.

We will add 5 guys, at least two of which will be DBs.

I can't say why (just a hunch), but I see Van Dyne could really fit into the Eric Decker, Wes Welker, Jordy Nelson, Steve Largent, Ricky Proell type of role on the team.

Jim Gustafson?

I would be floored if we didn't take a full class (28). Expect 5 more guys to sign.

Even if these punishments weren't looming, I would expect a few more transfers just because of the new coach.

We will add 5 guys, at least two of which will be DBs.

This gets interesting. What happens if not all 10 of the guys recommended punishments are executed? And we sign a full class. And now one else leaves?

Unlikely given the A) willingness to recommend expulsion for someone that reportedly wasn't involved in any way shape or form, and that at least one of the kids was marked as having not violated any of the three major areas and still recommended for punishment. I've been assuming that is player who only gets probation, but my only clue on which players are which comes from Kaler and Coyle's inability to keep their mouths shut.

To sign a full class five of the preconceived guilty 9 scholarship players (Djam isn't scholarship) would have to be expelled or transfer. Again, I would hope PJ saves some for next year given the small size of the senior class.

Is this kid two or three stars? Or in between?

I just checked the other two sites (Scout and ESPN) and he comes in as a 3-star on both. Good question though. Seems to be a late riser of sorts. Did have an Iowa offer.

Seems fast for a tall guy. Great hands too. The competition in his highlight videos looks a little suspect...

Seems fast for a tall guy. Great hands too. The competition in his highlight videos looks a little suspect...

Stilwell, KS, is a suburb of Kansas City and the hometown of golfing legend Tom Watson. I have no idea how big the school is.

Recently an up-tick on his rating from ~0.80 to ~0.82 on 247 so from low 3* to mid 3* now- film looks encouraging though.

Ryan Burns said that scout.com's MO is to give every recruit a 2-star grade if they're given an offer. Then once they get a chance to review their game film, they adjust the ratings accordingly. Could account for the 247 ratings increase as well.

Some on this board would say the offer is automatically at least 3* if certain schools offer them!

Some on this board would say the offer is automatically at least 3* if certain schools offer them!

Jay Sawvel believes that as well. I think he knows more about recruiting than anyone on this board combined.

Jay Sawvel believes that as well. I think he knows more about recruiting than anyone on this board combined.

You don't think Jerry or PJ are on the board?[emoji6]

Recently an up-tick on his rating from ~0.80 to ~0.82 on 247 so from low 3* to mid 3* now- film looks encouraging though.

I'm no math major, but I think that .82 would still be considered low 3*. I think if he were to get to .84 - .86 he would be considered a mid 3*. Nice that he is trending in the right direction though.

ESPN gave him a grade of 77, tied for the 5th highest grade of any of our commits.

One can know a lot about recruiting (he definitely does) and also know very little about recruiting services and their evaluation processes. I guarantee he knows next to nothing about how they go about doing it - he's been too busy coaching to be concerned or care about things like that.

Top Bottom