Happiness is:

Moonlight

Reaction score
Cleaning out your closet and finding a "1997 Big Ten Champs" T-shirt.

Sadness is the asterisk in the record books and the dark closet where the banner is hiding.

Sadness is the asterisk in the record books and the dark closet where the banner is hiding.
And yet, I feel confident this asterisk-free shirt will see the light of day frequently in the days ahead!

The shirt doesn't necessarily represent what was taken away later on but rather the wonderful enjoyment we felt during that ride. No cheating scandal will ever take away how much fun it was watching Bobby Jackson take over a game, the incredible improvement of John Thomas over his 4-year career, Sam Jacobson's down-the-lane tomahawk jam or the Clemson/UCLA NCAA tourney games. And then there was Jan....meh. :)

That would make me happy! Far happier than waiting months for my Josten's floor piece and having them accidentally send me the women's one!

So you're a negative, can't see a positive in any way kind of guy on the Tubby board too? Lighten up and just enjoy the memories as another poster pointed out. No one can take that night at Williams Arena away - except alzheimers or death.

So you're a negative, can't see a positive in any way kind of guy on the Tubby board too? Lighten up and just enjoy the memories as another poster pointed out. No one can take that night at Williams Arena away - except alzheimers or death.

Next time quote who you are responding to, I'm not sure anyone was being negative.

What's better than the '97 t-shirts? The '97 highlight video... spectacular. Honestly best MSN production I've ever seen. Video ends after they make the Final Four... they literally don't even mention a game against Kentucky. That and the final song "Golden Season," are awesome. You get all of the highlights with Dick Bremer narrating the whole thing... so good... I may need to watch it again tonight. Seriously though, anybody who hasn't followed the official decree and blocked the '97 season from their memory I highly suggest buying that video to get pumped for the season. Do Amazon/Ebay searches and odds are you can find the VHS for 3ish dollars... well worth it.

What's better than the '97 t-shirts? The '97 highlight video... spectacular. Honestly best MSN production I've ever seen. Video ends after they make the Final Four... they literally don't even mention a game against Kentucky. That and the final song "Golden Season," are awesome. You get all of the highlights with Dick Bremer narrating the whole thing... so good... I may need to watch it again tonight. Seriously though, anybody who hasn't followed the official decree and blocked the '97 season from their memory I highly suggest buying that video to get pumped for the season. Do Amazon/Ebay searches and odds are you can find the VHS for 3ish dollars... well worth it.

For searching clarity can you tell me the actual name of the video? I'm pretty sure I used to have a copy but it got lost in a move somewhere along the way. Somehow I still have videos of the 1987 and 1991 World Series (yay) and the 1998 NFC Championship (who'd want to watch that?) but 1997 Gophers slipped away. I do have my final four shirt and actual video of all the tournament games. They can't take that away either.

Edit: I did find it easily on Ebay just by a quick search. VHS. $8.00 with shipping. Worth it. I hope my VCR still has life.

I have the...

combo Big Ten champion basketball/WCHA champion hockey tee from 1997. Still has a nice maroon color. But I wear it to games under a Gopher sweatshirt so it doesn't get confiscated by some rogue NCAA officials -- as half of it never really happened. I wonder if they would rip the shirt in two and just take the basketball part?

That is too funny. I did the same thing yesterday. That shirt doesnt have much left of it, so I may have to frame it to preserve it.

Happiness is..... A. We still have Gopher and Vikings football. B. We have Gopher Basketball, both men's and women's coming up. (I don't care for hockey or the T-Wolves). C. And then we still have the Twins coming up in the Spring. The biggest Happiness is that my name is not listed in any obituary columns, yet.

For searching clarity can you tell me the actual name of the video? I'm pretty sure I used to have a copy but it got lost in a move somewhere along the way. Somehow I still have videos of the 1987 and 1991 World Series (yay) and the 1998 NFC Championship (who'd want to watch that?) but 1997 Gophers slipped away. I do have my final four shirt and actual video of all the tournament games. They can't take that away either.

Edit: I did find it easily on Ebay just by a quick search. VHS. $8.00 with shipping. Worth it. I hope my VCR still has life.

Now I know why I still have that VCR that hasn't been used in years. Thanks for the lead!

Happiness is..... A. We still have Gopher and Vikings football. B. We have Gopher Basketball, both men's and women's coming up. (I don't care for hockey or the T-Wolves). C. And then we still have the Twins coming up in the Spring. The biggest Happiness is that my name is not listed in any obituary columns, yet.

Dr. Don, you make me laugh. You were gone from the board for a bit a few weeks back and you were certainly missed!

Go Gophers!!

Bleed, I was around, reading all of the posts to various threads, but with all of the fighting going on I decided I would just leave it be at that, and wait until something came on board that was worth replying to. About the only thing worth sharing was keeping Rick Mons updated on my scores and progress in the Pick the Score Threads. Thanks for missing me, but I was around. Have a good day.

19 walks in the cold to Williams Arena (even though we'll have to wait until the Big 10 season to see an opponent capable of putting up a fight, save for perhaps Saint Joe's).

November's a great time of year, when every team is undefeated and all harbor hopes of the NCAA Tournament.

SS. let us not forget that November is also the time of year that I have the honor of deer hunting with my son and grandsons. While in the woods, we do have a way of finding out how the Gophers do. Go Gophers...We want venison, and we want wins.

I also bought the video tape. Looking forward to getting that.

Anyone know if there's video floating around of the Clemson and UCLA tourney games? I was there in person and never got to see or record the games, and (maybe due to the sanction?) they never appear on ESPN classic or BTN.

I absolutely agree Moonlight! I still have a 1996-97 Big Ten Champs hat.

And, oh yes it also says "Next Stop Indianapolis" which was where the Final Four was that year. Say ... where's the Final Four this year?

I good to absolutely agree w/Mikie!

(A long standing "inside" joke)
Jammer, you may not see me in it as I gave it one of my kids. As long as he doesn't start having others write his term papers, its his to keep! But I look forward to crossing paths with you this season.

I absolutely agree Moonlight! I still have a 1996-97 Big Ten Champs hat.

And, oh yes it also says "Next Stop Indianapolis" which was where the Final Four was that year. Say ... where's the Final Four this year?
Say...It gives me chills!! - :)

Top Bottom