Halloween Game vs MSU

stroms7

Reaction score
Hosting a big halloween party and would love to be able to have the football on our outdoor movie screen...does anyone know if there is a site that will be live streaming the game? I am willing to pay for it, but i can't seem to find anything... let me know.

Thanks

GO GOPHERS!

rent a TV projector

I believe you can rent a TV projector that will project just about any size. You might be able to rent from your local library.

sorry for the confusion...i have a projector and screen, just looking for a site that is streaming the game...

Two questions-where do you live and what time does the party start!?

Sounds like a blast

sorry for the confusion...i have a projector and screen, just looking for a site that is streaming the game...

I'd check the Big Ten Network website. You picked a bad weekend to project a Gophers game. Most of their games have been carried by ESPN this year and all of those games could be streamed at espn360.com

Worst case scenerio - you project Texas/OK State, drink cocktail(s), and possibly eat sandwich. You'll have fun.

Do you have any friends with satellite TV? If they're willing to bring over one of their receivers to your house all you'd need is one of that company's dishes (you can find them on the internet). Point the dish and pick up the signal (not as hard as you'd think), hook it up to the receiver, and connect the receiver to the projector.

Basically you'd just be doing what folks do when they're tailgating. If you can get the BTN via your cable provider you could also look at running a long coax cable from inside your house out to where you have the projector set up.

Great ideas GoAUpher! The projector I have is a work projector with only USB hookups, so the coax is out... that is why i am trying to find something streaming online...i'll keep investigating.

huge haunted display and football game (hopefully) for the trick or treaters from 5pm - 10pm.
Outdoor adult party showing "Trick R Treat" outside from 10pm - ...
should be fun!

Usually have a haunted house, but the wife had me scale back this year to just a display, usually have over 400 people come thru...anyone is welcome to come check out the display and maybe catch alittle bit of the game from 5 - 10pm. PM me if you are interested in the location for the display...

Using a projector myself, I'm a little confused by this thread. Running a coax out to the projector probably isn't an option, as projectors rarely have a TV tuner to decode the signal. It all comes down to what sort of inputs the projector has, and what sorts of outputs your cable/satellite box has. Generally projectors take HDMI, component video, S-video or composite inputs (I list these in terms of decreasing quality). A lot of this depends on how old and expensive the projector is. Likewise on whatever gizmo you're getting your signal on. After that its getting the right cable to get the signal from A to B.

One thing I'll caution you on is that the picture will look like shiite if you're trying to project a SD image (480p) onto a large area (e.g. a bedsheet). Then again, if you have enough beer at your party it may not matter (an analogy on how the opposite sex looks more attractive right around last call). Also, I believe Blockbuster stores rent projector packages, although the library suggestion might be cheaper.

Who is your cable/satellite provider? Do you get HDTV or just SD? Let's try to figure out how you can run a cable out to the projector.

I have comcast. and I think i should just be able move my cable box to the garage, go coax to cable box, hdmi from cable box to projector and i should be good to go. Now i just need to find a REALLY REALLY long coax cable! HD in home, but picture quality won't be an issue for my party, the way the gophs have been playing lately maybe the less than HD picture is the way to go!!!

Sounds like a great idea ...but have you checked the weather? Nasty forecast. I'd re-think the decision to not show it outside in HD -- To Long In The Wasteland is correct - the picture quality will be horrible and not watchable, but if you have a decent audio system along with the beer factor, it should work.

Try Home Depot for a long coax cable. You can get them to cut you any length you want off of the spool. Then just go with two connectors and you're set.

freshtrout; it appears as though saturday will be 32 - 35 degrees with a 20% chance of rain...doesn't sound too bad!

freshtrout; it appears as though saturday will be 32 - 35 degrees with a 20% chance of rain...doesn't sound too bad!
Did you see the wind forecast?....32 degrees will feel like about 20 I'm afraid ... good luck with your party.

nothing like gopher football; with good food, good drinks, good friends, blankets, and a bonfire...
we'll have fun!
not to mention scaring the living daylights out of trick or treaters from 5-10!

Top Bottom