Hageman

We're probably being a bit impatient. We are talking about a kid with four games of college experience here. I don't think we can draw any conclusions about him quite yet.

You mean the guy who leads the Big Ten in receptions and is 2nd in yardage? Yeah, poor MarQueis.

Seriously, do people even think before they post anymore?

I believe he was being sarcastic/making a joke ...

He started the comment saying Brewster moves a guy to as many positions as he had stars. Gray was a 4 star recruit. He has only played 2 positions, therefore, he would have 2 positions left that he will play if Brewster follows the joke that was being made in the first part of the post. Saying, Poor MarQueis, as in, Brew will be moving him twice more.

Make sense?

Tight End

The kid can move, judging from the way he developed as a basketball player in High school he has decent hands, good size, good coordination. One more option on the goal line.

Hands like a frying pan FYI

What happened to the mind set of last yr. when they rotated 7 D linemen. Once again the words of the Nebraska fans on cosgrove. Are you people stupid or what!

What happened to the mind set of last yr. when they rotated 7 D linemen. Once again the words of the Nebraska fans on cosgrove. Are you people stupid or what!

Yes...because "you people" determine the D Line rotation.

I'm not sure why Hageman gained so much weight to begin with. I thought he would have been a good DE around 275. I think he gained his way right out of his best position.

I'm not sure why Hageman gained so much weight to begin with. I thought he would have been a good DE around 275. I think he gained his way right out of his best position.

He has the frame and athleticism (gawd, I hate that word) to support that size. This coaching staff recruits kids not for the position they played in high school, but to project them to where they feel they will be most effective on this level.

Right now he is the strongest, biggest guy in the weight room, and I'll give him some time to develop as a RS freshman to grow into the D line. He said in an interview that he likes the move, since he likes to hit people more than he likes to get hit, or words to that effect.

So when Mangini saw Hageman's hands while on the sideline did he do the Homer Simpson?

Mmmmmmmm, bacon.

No wonder the consulting led to a loss, he was distracted, probably following Hageman around on the sidelines and not focused on the game.

We're probably being a bit impatient. We are talking about a kid with four games of college experience here. I don't think we can draw any conclusions about him quite yet.

What the heck are you talking about??? This kid should be dominating the Big Ten as a redshirt Freshman. It's not like he's going up against 5th-year seniors on the other side of the ball or anything.

Two problems with Hageman. One he can't figure it out and he has a huge ego and won't listen to his coaches. He could be a good player but he does not want to put the effort into it.

2nd time I've heard this about him.

What the heck are you talking about??? This kid should be dominating the Big Ten as a redshirt Freshman. It's not like he's going up against 5th-year seniors on the other side of the ball or anything.

I know what you trying to say Ogee but it is a better argument for after they start playing Big Ten teams. It scares the hell out of me that SDSU and NIU scored so easily against us. Any of our D-Line should be running all over SDSU, who appear to a be a lousy FCS team.

So when Mangini saw Hageman's hands while on the sideline did he do the Homer Simpson?

Mmmmmmmm, bacon.

No wonder the consulting led to a loss, he was distracted, probably following Hageman around on the sidelines and not focused on the game.

Wow, where to start with this one.

Hageman actually has good hands. You don't get (tight end) scholarship offers from Florida, Ohio State and Wisconsin without being able to catch a pass. If you had seem him play at all in high school, he was easily the most dominant tight-end (and probably overall) prospect the city league has had in quite some time.

Mangini? C'mon man.

Frying pan > Mangini > Homer Simpson > Insinuation that Hageman's hands led to loss? Let's get you some new material

Hageman is an example of why, in football, a talented HS kid should head to the nearest football factory... CDH, EP, Wayzata, TG, etc..

Unlike the other sports, there is no AAU season.
10 games... thats it for an entire year.

What if Hageman gone against Seantrel in practice for two years?... or worked under Ray Hitchcock, John Alt, etal for three HS seasons?..

He'll eventually get 'there'.. but he would be 'there' now had he gone to CDH.

Hey Koolaid,

I was only trying to provide some humor. The frying pan hands comment wasn't even mine.

Lighten up, Francis - Stripes

we have the worst starting DE's in the nation right now. WHY ISN'T HE PLAYING FOR US AT DE? Brewster messes up talent. Look at any stud we have brought in here.

As the mud came off my eyes

I began to see how much of a magician Brewster really has been all along. Subconsciously, he remains an Illini. Can't stand the Goph's to win. Convinces his coaching staff that Hageman needs to move to a new position as he will be a better player for it. What great coaches understand is that the best players should be playing every game. Mistakes can be coached but natural talent only comes one way, from the player. We do not have a coach that will let his best kids on the field. We need our best out there, not developing on the sidelines. We don't bring kids in to play 1 or 2 years. We bring them in to play 3 or 4 years. It should not take 2 years to get Hageman ready. This is why Brewster is driving me crazy. First, he won't train em up quickly enough. Second, he gets distracted by the lack of talent in every position, so he tinkers. He is thinking too much into it. Just let them play the game. Have some fun. Knock some Becky tail!

Top Bottom