Gus Johnson giving The Barn props

Gophs

Reaction score
CBS Sports play-by-play man Gus Johnson was asked by Dan Patrick on his radio show what were some of Johnson's favorite places to call games. He said he loved Williams Arena, and it had a great atmosphere. DP agreed.

Go Gophers.

now if we can just get a great team to play in the great barn, with a great atmosphere

Jimmy Dykes called a game at the Barn last season and he went on and on about how it was a great place to watch a game.

CBS Sports play-by-play man Gus Johnson was asked by Dan Patrick on his radio show what were some of Johnson's favorite places to call games. He said he loved Williams Arena, and it had a great atmosphere. DP agreed.

Go Gophers.

Was Gus yelling when he mentioned it?

The barn was slow to wake up this year. Was electric vs purdue. Was great vs Ohio state and good vs Michigan. I was down on the barn early and high on it late. Kinda inverse of nmh thoughts on the team.

gg

Jim Nantz is good but Gus is great, I can't believe he doesn't get the Final Four.

Worse than that. Why must they foist Digger on us? MUTE is not enough, I have to turn away.

GUS rules and should get all the top gigs, IMHO.

Nantz is great for golf, does a good job with football and college basketball. However, Gus Johnson has passed him in college basketball. He needs to be the voice of the final four. If it were up to me (and it definitely is not) my A team would be Gus and Jay Bilas. B team would be Nantz some one other than Kellogg, he is best in the studio.

You have to find a spot for Raftery and Verne Lundquist, although I agree that Gus J. is the new voice of college basketball.

Fun Fact Number 2 - Verne Lundquist has been close friends with Adam Sandler since they appeared together in "Happy Gilmore."

Fun Fact number 3 - The Verne Lundquist-U of MN connection: The Gophers football team has played twice in the Sun Bowl. Lundquist is inducted into the Sun Bowl Hall of Fame.

Top Bottom