Griese hit the nail on the head . . .

DL65

Reaction score
Minnesota needs to recruit big time talent on the offensive line and a couple exceptional runners. Hopefully two of last week's running back recruits, Grant and Dontae Williams, will cast their lot with the Gophers. Obviously Seantrel Henderson would fit the bill as "big time talent" on the offensive line.

I still want to see some impact/play makers recruited on defense, especially on the front line.

Submitting my Christmas Wish List early.

Go Gophers!!

Agreed. Lipscomb would've been nice to have this year. If we could get Henderson we'd be set at T for the next couple of year. Henderson at LT and Gjere at RT? Pretty good.

Griese was a huge improvement over the announcers for the Syracuse game. His comments throughout the game were both insightful and helpful.

Griese was saying what I have been saying all along...

Gophers fans have been blaming the running game entirely on the oline. I have been saying this year and last year our running backs are part of the problem too. Griese was even saying that our running backs did not hit the hole quickly. Pinnix has more quickness then what we have right now at running back. Part of the fault is the o-line but not getting limpscomb hurt us big time. Besides the oline improving, we need better running backs.

why is Whaley not getting an opportunity to get some carries. Is he hurt, am i missing something?

Whaley

I saw Whaley in the pregames and it seemed like he was limping out there!

You mean like we had in the Mason era? What a bright idea!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hahahahahaha!!!!!! you clearly area a dumbass. Mason NEVER recruited BIG TIME talent, he did have a few years where he coached up a nice line, but I wouldn't say we ever had big time talent. Go home and try to make something better of yourself than a troll on an opposing team's board. Your better than that (hopefully, but probably not).

thanks gold04, first time at TCF and possibly the only time so i was sightseeing more than anything prior to the game. I assume there was some reason or he would have gotten a couple chances.

I for one have no trouble crediting Mason's OL coach on the success of the OL. The running game was really their only strength.

Go home and try to make something better of yourself than a troll on an opposing team's board. Your better than that (hopefully, but probably not).

Dude...I've been around before the Gopherhole joined, and then later broke from, Rivals. I won last year's basketball pick'em contest because I love the Gophers. But I love how all y'all resort to name calling when anyone has any criticism of the Gophers. You sound as smart as Jimmy Carter when you do that.

On the topic at hand, Mason DID recruit great offensive limeman and running backs. They may not have been 4-star recruits, but then there is the difference between a FOOTBALL COACH and snake oil salesman.

Dude...I've been around before the Gopherhole joined, and then later broke from, Rivals. I won last year's basketball pick'em contest because I love the Gophers. But I love how all y'all resort to name calling when anyone has any criticism of the Gophers. You sound as smart as Jimmy Carter when you do that.

On the topic at hand, Mason DID recruit great offensive limeman and running backs. They may not have been 4-star recruits, but then there is the difference between a FOOTBALL COACH and snake oil salesman.

here little little troll, here little little troll, now sit.......... goooooood troll

but then there is the difference between a FOOTBALL COACH and snake oil salesman.

Brewster and Mason have their differences, but you can't say with a straight face that Mason ever made halftime adjustments as effectively as this year's staff has in the first 3 games.

I don't hate Mason, but it is way too early to compare coaching tenures with Brewster.

They have shown themselves good at halftime and even during the game adjustments. Glad you mentioned that.

If Mason could ever had recruited or developed a Defense, he might still have a job. You can not honestly say that our D is much improved compared to Mason's a much more athletic. Absoulety brutal defenses, if he ever had a semblance of some kind of D, we may have finish in the top tier of the B10 with that O, but he neglected that side of the ball. Defense wins championships period!!

Sure, we've had some studly runningbacks at Cal but even guys like Igber and Forsett have thrived here. It's really more about having a studly offensive line. Every year we gush like schoolboys over the quality skill-position players we land while every year without fail Tedford and Co. sign quality big uglies that people tend to ignore. They're almost an afterthought from the moment they sign here, but they're the real reason Cal is ALWAYS an awesome running team. That and a good defense will take you places.

Anyway, I love your team and that pimp Eric Decker. Guess I'm drawn to the Gophers because you guys remind me of Cal not very long ago. With that stadium I'm hoping you guys can close your borders and poach more out of state talent. We were lucky to escape with a W. Best of luck in the Big 10.

Sure, we've had some studly runningbacks at Cal but even guys like Igber and Forsett have thrived here. It's really more about having a studly offensive line. Every year we gush like schoolboys over the quality skill-position players we land while every year without fail Tedford and Co. sign quality big uglies that people tend to ignore. They're almost an afterthought from the moment they sign here, but they're the real reason Cal is ALWAYS an awesome running team. That and a good defense will take you places.

Anyway, I love your team and that pimp Eric Decker. Guess I'm drawn to the Gophers because you guys remind me of Cal not very long ago. With that stadium I'm hoping you guys can close your borders and poach more out of state talent. We were lucky to escape with a W. Best of luck in the Big 10.

Thanks...I think Decker earned his place in the draft today! Hopefully he will not be labeled injury prone.

If Mason could ever had recruited or developed a Defense, he might still have a job. You can not honestly say that our D is much improved compared to Mason's a much more athletic. Absoulety brutal defenses, if he ever had a semblance of some kind of D, we may have finish in the top tier of the B10 with that O, but he neglected that side of the ball. Defense wins championships period!!

This is correct. Charles isn't a troll youngins, he's just a Mason apologist. That doesn't make him a troll.

Its true, Mason teams had better running games then Brewster teams have had, there really isn't an argument to be made here. However, the defense argument blows the running game one out of the water. Against a Mason defense we give up 63-70 today....not even a question. Best is a beast and our D contained him fairly well. Unfortunately we need to put both the O and the D together to get a quality win, and thus far it hasn;t happened. However, I think it has a chance of happening here, where with Mase you knew what you were gonna get, and it sure as hell wasn't a defensive battle...

Griese actually said that in his meeting with Brewer he (Brewer) said we have two running back commitments for next year that will give us the level of talent we need in the backfield.

Griese actually said that in his meeting with Brewer he (Brewer) said we have two running back commitments for next year that will give us the level of talent we need in the backfield.

Hope that is true and not just wishful thinking concerning last weeks visits. Maybe one of them and a qualified Lipscomb?

Donnell Kirkwood & Lamonte Edwards, that's 2 RB commitments.

Top Bottom