Chip "Jam-it-bayou" Armelin - Louisiana's own
Blake "The Hoff" Hoffarber - Don't hassle the Hoff
Austin "Silk" Hollins - smooth as silk
Mo "Man Mountain" Walker - you aren't coming through here
Al "the Neutralizer" Nolen - hey, you forgot the ball
Maverick "The Dealer" Ahanmisi - watch the hands
Oto "Double O" Osenieks - OOOOOOOOOOO
Eliott "Double E" Eliason - EEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Rojo - thanks for the info. You have a great team and a tough schedule. If the Hilltoppers win the rest of their games it will really help the Gophers RPI. Expect a OT win by the Gophers. Rodney will probably jump over his smaller defender for a winning jam before the clock expires. :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldy in da house View Post
I like these. Here are some more/alternatives:

Rodney "Hot Rod" Williams
Ralph "Not as tall as my dad" Sampson
Colton "Yankton Yeti" Iverson
Trevor "Mmbakalaka" Mbakwe
Chip "The Little Chipper" Armelin
"Baby Blake" Hoffarber
Austin "Velociraptor" Hollins
Mo "Seismic Activity" Walker
Some other possibilities -

Rodney "Sky" Williams - raise the rafters
Ralph "Iceman" Sampson - the genes don't lie
Colton "Colt 45" Iverson - don't even think about driving
Trevor "The Beast" Mbakwe - it's all about the M
Chip "Jam-it-bayou" Armelin - Louisiana's own
Blake "The Hoff" Hoffarber - Don't hassle the Hoff
Austin "Silk" Hollins - smooth as silk
Mo "Man Mountain" Walker - you aren't coming through here
Al "the Neutralizer" Nolen - hey, you forgot the ball
Maverick "The Dealer" Ahanmisi - watch the hands
Oto "Double O" Osenieks - OOOOOOOOOOO
Eliott "Double E" Eliason - EEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Rodney "Roo" Williams
Ralph "Son Of" Sampson III
Colt "Plowboy" Iverson
Trevor "Ski U" Mahbakwe
Blake "No Hassel"" Hoffarber
Mo "Biggslie" Walker
Al "No Mas" Nolen
Oto "Oh Oh" Osenieks
Eliott "El El" Eliason
Devoe "Super Glide" Joseph
Dominique "Big Duke" Dawson
Austin "Dinner with Andre" Hollins

Glad I could inspire you guys to come up with nicknames for your players too haha

"Baby Blake" Hoffarber

I love the Yankton Yeti. I think I will start referring to Iverson as such (copyright Goldy in da house, of course).

"Baby Blake" Hoffarber

you might have a good one with Trevor's - I Like it!!!! :clap:

Far be it from me to pass judgement on a city that has a population about the size of the student body at the U but I have found this thread enjoyable-

A few reasons why Bowling Green sucks!

http://www.topix.com/forum/city/bowl...19IHADTMG4S0N1

That was pretty good...love how the guy kept popping up every couple days and adding more fuel to the fire. Sounds like a great place.

gee. pretty sick topper solo, i hope they can do those things when, ya know, the other team is actually playing defense....?

More for a depiction of athleticism. Better than the crappy one from earlier.

More for a depiction of athleticism. Better than the crappy one from earlier.
Good Lord, between the Alabama A&M highlights and that scrimmage...I don't think I've ever seen worse defense.

A&M's matador defense looked like the And1 tour...we'll see what happens when you're going against a starting frontcourt of 6'8'', 6'11'', 6'11'' tonight.

SGL-- I think you mean frontcourt. Otherwise, we're talking about the tallest backcourt in the history of organized basketball.

suck it hilltopper fans

I wanted to make my last foray into Hilltopper land a memorable one. After reading the initial post by the Hilltopper fan and then realizing that the nicknames for the players might actually be serious I had to read this article with the same perspective-

The bolded sentence is classic. The guy can't be serious right?!? Lol.

EFFICIENCY
WKU 97.5
MINN 120.2

If you would have told me, "Patillo will play very little in the first half. MINN will shoot 56% in the 1st half and WKU will shoot 39%. However, you will only be down six at half," I would have taken that deal without batting an eye. I felt OK at half. No way MINN would keep up that shooting. Patillo would come back and give us a lift. We'll adjust to the zone and more shots will go down. Of course, it only got worse in the 2nd. It was disappointing, but we can learn from this one. My concern is the short turnaround today. I wouldn't guess that examining what all went wrong yesterday will help much when we have a game today. At least not in any detailed way.

Defensively, it seemed nothing we did kept the ball from going into MINN's hoop. They missed 21 shots in a high-paced game. They got 10 of those back (nearly half...a theme so far for this team, unfortunately). They scored on an insane number of their possessions. Pettigrew played good position D on Sampson...and could do NOTHING to stop him from shooting that sweeping hook over him. Grew was a warrior, a Terminator even, raining in threes and scoring hoops even as his fleshy exterior burned in an inferno. He never stopped playing. Our bigs had NO answers for MINN down low. Add to that an extraordinary shooting night from the perimeter, and we had a Gopher buzzsaw on our hands. It was a perfect, buck-toothed storm.

We did force 19 TOs and created a positive TO margin. Good to see consistency in that department at least.

Offensively, we started out OK, but got stopped cold by their zone m!d-first half. And, we couldn't get much done on the interior. Grew was unconscious after a rough start, but Serge (5-15), Juan (3-8), and Cliff (0-5) were obviously bothered by the trees. We got some points in transition, but not enough, and credit MINN for a lot of that. We kept the pace high, but we weren't fast and tight, we got fast and loose (Ken Brown, 6 TOs). A lot of this will sort out, I think. Remember, Brown/Peters/Khalil have zero DI experience and they were up against a SR backcourt and a likely NCAA team. Outside of Pettigrew, Jamal Crook was a shining bright spot (6pts, 6ast, 5 rebs, 0 TOs). He played GREAT.

No reason (or time) to hang our heads. We did this to SJU. EVERYTHING went in for MINN. What we can't do is dwell on it and let it affect us vs Hofstra today. We should come out, push pace, make them stop Serge/Juan off the dribble and pressure on the perimeter. At some point, we have to get better keeping teams off the O-glass. Hofstra is picked middle-of-pack in the CAA, but they have CAA POY Charles Jenkins (a guard) to deal with.

Let's get two wins.

What is the link to their board? I was on it earlier in the week and thought it was funny how someone there had copied a post from here where some Gopher Holer said it would be a 15 point game (ignoring all the posts around it that gave a lot of props to WKU and insisted it would be a very tough game). Anyway, that was followed by lots of posts with the theme of "they have no idea what they are about to face." I would be curious to read the reaction now. Anyway, I found my way there earlier and didn't keep the link.

Great game guys...

Congrats to you all on a great win...not gona lie, I thought it'd be MUCH closer than that.

I believe our team, and our fanbase, needed a piece of humble pie...you all made sure to serve it.

Your zone gave us fits, we acted like we had never played against one before...Combine that with yals hot shooting keeping us from getting in transition, and the game was headed for disaster for sure.

Pettigrew is the only one that played his usual game...our backup PG, Jamal Crook, actually played outstanding...but that's it, Serg played bad, and Juan was a complete no-show.

Tubby prepared your team very well, and I feel we did the exact opposite...I have a question for those that may have time.

....We didn't try to double Sampson, at all...Is he so good at passing out of a double team, that we just didn't even try? Or was it more of a coaching brain fart...

Good luck tonight against UNC and the rest of the season, I came away extremely impressed with your team, and I'm expecting big things from your squad...shoot 60% every game and yal should be good to go as well ;)

I'd say coaching brain fart partially. However if you try to double a long armed 6'11" guy with multiple 6'6" type guys you run the risk of the big guy easily passing out of the double and finding a wide open man. That said singling Sampson at least to start wasn't a bad idea because he hasn't been consistent throughout his career so its not like he's automatic when singled. However this year he's been getting that consistency where it needs to be

Congrats to you all on a great win...not gona lie, I thought it'd be MUCH closer than that.

....We didn't try to double Sampson, at all...Is he so good at passing out of a double team, that we just didn't even try? Or was it more of a coaching brain fart...

Coaching brain fart. Ralph is okay with the ball, but he is no Bill Walton in his passing skills. Especially with our second best three point shooter not playing, you need to pressure our big guys and force us to make outside shots. We shot 62% because your d allowed us to get close to the hoop with our big guys. We will win every game if we keep seeing that defense. I did not see the game, but

WKU has a good team. Maybe we'll get matched up again in March.

gotcha, thanks for the opinions...yeah we will be fine, just gota make some adjustments, zone offense just takes practice.

our defensive effort on the other hand...gona have to step up ;)

again, good luck the rest of the season.

Hope you guys make the tourny. I always liked WKU since they won a few games for me in my tourney pools. Plus I grew up in the Haskins era of Gopher ball so much love to WKU

Top Bottom