Great Expectations...

Reaction score
GopherSports.com: Do you have anything else you'd like to say to Gopher fans that are reading this?

Josh Campion: We're going to be a dominant team and we have a good thing going here. I can't emphasize enough that we're going to be pretty darn good the next few years.-

Interview by Athletic Communications Student Assistant Jennie Clark

Very positive attitude and hope this mind set permeates the entire team!

I think the o-line can be good by the 2012 season, and after that very good. Then we really can compete with the big guys.

Under Kill the team will work hard and have a great attitude. Those two things alone will lead us to great things.

So when Brewster said this kind of stuff he gets criticized, but now it's just a great attitude?

So when Brewster said this kind of stuff he gets criticized, but now it's just a great attitude?

I tend to agree with this. The quote seems to be quite high on self confidence without having shown much on the field yet. I don't fault the kid for being confident, but I might like some quiet confidence at this point.

Brewster was also the head coach, not a player. Pretty big difference when a kid thinks the team is going to be good and when the head coach is blowing smoke up everybody's a-holes.

This time I'm not going to get caught up in all the talk, regardless of who is saying it.

Players should be confident, fans can be more restrained.

Brewster, and as the HC I did support him, but with all the dust settled, it was apparent he did not know what was happening.

With Kill is years of proven experience (albeit at lower levels) and proven system that shows a depth in his coaching ability. When he talks, it is apparent he knows what he is talking about.

I guess the difference between Brewster and Kill could be summed up this way.

Brewster read a book and tried to develop and align his coaching philosophy with the book whereas Kill has worked through, developed and refined his philosophy. Therefore he has the voice of genuine confidence and experience.

BTW - If you ever listen to someone who is genuinely confident, at first the person will sound like they are brash, but the truth is as you keep listening, you can tell whether it is confidence or showmanship.

Top Bottom