Gotta be a Blake thread!

Yeah - but he can't guard, pass, and is so slow .... :)

Suicide leaving him open. The kid is simply the best shooter since Trent Tucker. Nice 2nd half comeback by Iverson by the way. I was to the point where I lost all hope for him that game.

Suicide leaving him open. The kid is simply the best shooter since Trent Tucker. Nice 2nd half comeback by Iverson by the way. I was to the point where I lost all hope for him that game.

Completely agree on both points. When he's in a groove, Hoffarber makes three's like most other players make layups. And I too was happy with Colton. He isn't pretty, but he goes hard all the time, which is always nice. Also, he got kind of hosed on that foul call with Turner. But overall, I was happy with the way the team played, especially in the second half.

He would be the 12th man on any good Big Ten team...:rolleyes:

He's been dynamite against Iowa and Ohio State and invisible against Penn State and Purdue. I want to see him do it against an elite team. I'll own up to being wrong if he does it against Michigan State or Purdue, I'll say I was half wrong if he does it against Wisconsin or shows some consistency. He carried us today.

He's been dynamite against Iowa and Ohio State and invisible against Penn State and Purdue. I want to see him do it against an elite team. I'll own up to being wrong if he does it against Michigan State or Purdue, I'll say I was half wrong if he does it against Wisconsin or shows some consistency. He carried us today.

Wait, so 11 points and 3 three-pointers is "invisible"? That was his line against PSU.

Something tells me there are a high percentage of players who would like to have 11 points be an "invisible" game for them. By my count, he has either led us or been our second-leading scorer in 3 of 4 B10 games. I'd call that pretty consistent.

He's been dynamite against Iowa and Ohio State and invisible against Penn State and Purdue.
If scoring 11 pts against Penn State is "invisible," I'll take him being invisible every game. Without those 11 pts we would've lost to PSU.

What's your deal with ripping on Hoffarber? He has had an incredible comeback this year in nearly every single facet of the game after having a rough year last year. He's our second leading scorer, the top 3 point shooter in the Big 10 by a long shot, shooting 52% from 3, is averaging 4 rebs/game, has the 2nd best assist/TO ratio of anyone on the team next to Nolen, and playing a great floor game all year?

Has anyone mentioned........

he's a LEFTY!!:)

People tend to focus on what a player can't do, instread of what he can, and I think that's the case here.

My glass is half full!! After today 3/4 full!!

Anybody that rips Blake is either a moron or an irrational hater of all things Hopkins. I'm not sure which one to prescribe to AK yet...

hes the best three pt shooter in the big ten. period.

Their are entirely two many poosts maid buy drunkun peoples toodays.

:)

Anybody that rips Blake is either a moron or an irrational hater of all things Hopkins. I'm not sure which one to prescribe to AK yet...

I'm a rational hater of most things Hopkins but one thing I've never hated is Blake. Classy kid and I still believe he is a kid that in 10-15 years, we will still be talking about.

Have to love those moving targets, right akgopher?

I stated that I questioned whether he was a top 10 rotation player in the Big Ten last year. The definition of such a player in my view on Coach Smith's team is someone who logs 17-28 mins per game. I'm optimistic that last year's slump was an aberration, but think the jury is still out until he produces against MSU, Purdue, or OSU.

I guess if he has a decent game against MSU you'll just wait until the next Purdue game to decide if you were wrong.

Can anyone tell me who the Gophers all-time leading three point shooter is (# made)? I have no idea, and I couldn't find it anywhere. I'd like to be able to see if Blake's got a shot at it at the pace he's gone thus far in his career.

akgopher;165937[B said:
]He's been dynamite against Iowa and Ohio State [/B]and invisible against Penn State and Purdue. I want to see him do it against an elite team. I'll own up to being wrong if he does it against Michigan State or Purdue, I'll say I was half wrong if he does it against Wisconsin or shows some consistency. He carried us today.

I can't speak for others, but I've never ripped Blake Hoffarber. I've been critical of those who've made him into something more than he is. We'll see if he can light up one of the elite Big Ten teams and score on a consistent basis. I didn't think he'd be good for 27 pts against Ohio State and I'm not sure if we'd won today if he hadn't gotten hot in the 2nd half.

I've never ripped Blake Hoffarber.
Really? I guess you and I have a different definition of "ripping" someone, as I consider questioning whether someone is "any better than the 12th man on a good Big 10 team" and stating they're "invisible" when they score 11 pts against a Big 10 opponent "ripping."

But to each his own.

Can anyone tell me who the Gophers all-time leading three point shooter is (# made)? I have no idea, and I couldn't find it anywhere. I'd like to be able to see if Blake's got a shot at it at the pace he's gone thus far in his career.

It's in the games' press notes that you can find on the gophersports webpage. Here are the notes for today's game. Looks like he was only 34 behind entering the game today.

Really? I guess you and I have a different definition of "ripping" someone, as I consider questioning whether someone is "any better than the 12th man on a good Big 10 team" and stating they're "invisible" when they score 11 pts against a Big 10 opponent "ripping."

But to each his own.

Selective interpretation. We've been going at it for weeks. I'll make a wager with you.

If he goes for 20 against Michigan State or Purdue or puts up 14pts in 4 consecutive conference games, I'll buy you breakfast at Al's and walk across the street and purchase the #24 jersey they sell.

If he fails to average 10pts in the 4 games against Michigan State and Purdue or fails to put up 14 pts in 4 consecutive games I'll take that breakfast at Al's.

I gotta give it up to Blake. Unconscious today.
I was on that thread last week about him saying that "sometimes he will be shut down because he is purely a catch and shoot guy, and won't shoot off the dribble." Today that clearly didn't matter. He moves well enough without the ball to give himself that split second, and today Ohio State was really bad at closing on him.

Another reason why you gotta love the Hoff, is that he is not a self celebrator. I was not at the game today, but in all the time I've been there in person or watched on TV, I dont think I have ever seen him show off, pound his chest, trash talk an opponent, etc, do anything remotely cocky. IMO there is nothing better than hitting 7 threes in the game and jogging to the bench like it was no big deal.

Uptown

I gotta give it up to Blake. Unconscious today.
I was on that thread last week about him saying that "sometimes he will be shut down because he is purely a catch and shoot guy, and won't shoot off the dribble." Today that clearly didn't matter. He moves well enough without the ball to give himself that split second, and today Ohio State was really bad at closing on him.

Another reason why you gotta love the Hoff, is that he is not a self celebrator. I was not at the game today, but in all the time I've been there in person or watched on TV, I dont think I have ever seen him show off, pound his chest, trash talk an opponent, etc, do anything remotely cocky. IMO there is nothing better than hitting 7 threes in the game and jogging to the bench like it was no big deal.

+1

But to each his own.

That's ok, someone last year (actually, more than one) said something to the effect that Blake doesn't belong in D-1 and should give up his scholarship. AK may or may not have been one of them...

Top Bottom