Gophs Really Going After An "A" List Coach

I wonder why Leach and Belotti are out of consideration? (I get it with Leach.) When Peterson, Patterson and Harbaugh turn us down, won't Leach and Belotti start to sound pretty good?

This sounds awesome, but I have to take it all with a grain of salt. It gets my hopes and expectations up too much. A month ago I would've expected -- and accepted -- Sumlin or Hoke. Now they're not good enough for me because Maturi, Bruiniks and now MV are telling us they're shooting for the moon. I hope they hit it.

I think Leach is out because of the James and school-suing baggage. The U doesn't want anything that could point to any NCAA "sniffing". I also think the personality issues, though entertaining, would wear thin.

Bellotti turns 60 on December 21st. I think that the U is looking at a guy that might be here 10 years or more. Bellotti is a little on the age edge.

I'm not sure why he thinks Bellotti is out of consideration. They just briefly mentioned him, and, as I remember, they talked over each other so I couldn't hear what was said. As far as Leach goes, if the story is true that he got wasted at the Insight Bowl and cussed out his superiors in front of Maturi, you don't need the James incident to scare you away from him.

+1

Interview over.

I'm generally pretty savvy with things...but how does one download that to a" pod" of any kind? I can only listen to it while at my computer on a web browser.

Thanks! MV's stuff is usually awesome!

GM

I'm not positive right click save as

Not that it makes a difference because I don't neccesarily believe it either, but i've heard from booster type people that they think it's going to be Harbaugh. Like I said, I don't think it's a possibility and I sometimes hate people posting rumors but it sounds like the #1 target is Harbaugh and they think they have a shot at him.

He is way above the other reasonable candidates on my list. The reason why is that I want an Alvarez / Fry type hire.

The ideal hire will:

- turn around he program making it a perennial top five big ten program. This means displacing at least two of OSU, MI, PSU, NU, WI, IA.
- win at least a couple big ten titles in the next ten years
- fall in love with MN & the U
- stay when other schools come calling - provided he is paid
- stay when the NFL calls
- preside over an expansion of the stadium driven by increased ticket demand
- preside over a permanent transformation of the relationship between the fortunes of the program and the alumni

I think to achieve this you need a guy that is young, smart, stable, can recruit, has Midwest roots, loves college football and all it's traditions, and has that something extra. In this case maybe that something extra is animosity toward MI.

Top Bottom