Gophs could be headin for a date with the CBI

akoch6767

Reaction score
Last time I checked the NIT bracket NW wasn't listed as being in it. Now I'm assuming they'll be in the NIT and take our place.

You do realize there is no set limit to the number of Big Ten teams in the NIT don't you?

The Gophers would turn down a CBI bid.

It's sad to say but NW is a better team, and I don't really think we deserve to be in the NIT. I do realize that, but when the latest updated bracket showed NW not in the NIT...I'm just assuming that they will take our spot and we'll be moved down. This team hasn't won a game in over a month...The NIT has standards as well.

I'm pretty sure we wouldn't accept a CBI bid. Someone posted on a different thread about Washington accepting one a few years back and losing a bunch of money. No reason to play in that, let's just get this season over with.

No thinking we do CBI, we just don't play if it's not NIT. Based on today's performance, not sure why the NIT would take us at this juncture, unless they believe we'll have Nolen back and that changes their perspective.

I see no reason for al to come back at this point

I see no reason for al to come back at this point

I agree, unless he wants a chance to put the Minnesota on his chest one last time, I'm sure he'd appreciate that opportunity. Just don't think he'll get it though.

I've spent the last few evenings watching some of these smaller conference championship games. I agree with whoever posted it yesterday or the day before - even the losing teams I've seen have so much more skill and quickness than the Gophers. Particularly shooting skill and niftiness around the basket. (Oh yes, but we're long and athletic; I understand that.) What I'm saying in a roundabout way is that there are quite a few teams that belong in the NIT ahead of the Gophers, not only Northwestern.

According to Sid...Gophers were told they will get an invitation to the NIT.

We just need this season to end. These kids do not believe in themselves at all at this point.

Top Bottom