GopherSports: Season Opener is Throwback Thursday - Light 'Em Up Gold!

I'm sorry that I somehow missed this thread on the first go-round.

I look forward to wearing my maroon shirt to the game on August 28.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p><a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Gophers?src=hash">#Gophers</a> we have a winner in our <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/ThrowbackGold?src=hash">#ThrowbackGold</a> T-Shirt Vote! Option 2 "Running Goldy" will be on sale next week! <a href="http://t.co/sStfY2OPoY">pic.twitter.com/sStfY2OPoY</a></p>— Minnesota Gophers (@GopherSports) <a href="https://twitter.com/GopherSports/statuses/495269700117753857">August 1, 2014</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

I would love it if they made a throwback t-shirt of the 1985 angry Goldy. That was a sweet mascot.
cfans_asset_293110.jpg

Out of all the fortune 500 companies not one will sponsor a t shirt for a gold out...sad

Just don't call it a "gold out." That's someone else's gimmick. I'll go along with "Light 'em up gold."

Just don't call it a "gold out." That's someone else's gimmick. I'll go along with "Light 'em up gold."
"(color) out" is the colloquial term for a single color worn in a stadum, and for marketing purposes will make more sense to more people in getting the concept across. "Light 'em up gold" is meaningless.

Minority opinion - Sorry folks, but when I saw the three designs, the 1st thing I thought was that Alvin and the Chipmunks were doing a football-themed video.

They're a little too "cute" for my taste. I would rather go for a slightly "tougher" design. Maybe a Gopher kicking the bleep out of a badger........?

You mean something like this?

Goldy.jpg

I love Number 2!!!

But I really like this better!!!

Goldy.jpg

Great idea.

Gold out is dumb because there is no such term. There are blackouts and white-outs.

Once we pull this off I will worry about the name. Every attempt at it has been a complete failure. Who cares what it is called in that case.

Once we pull this off I will worry about the name. Every attempt at it has been a complete failure. Who cares what it is called in that case.

One reason...I know there are many more....it hasn't worked is because of the stupid name no one can relate too. Solid gold on the other hand makes sense and people can get behind that.

It seems like they usually try it for a conference game (maybe I'm wrong) and the weather hasn't been the best. There's not much gold cold weather gear. Hopefully for a game earlier in the season, the weather will be nicer and more people are able to rock the gold.

Now the question will be...what color are the student section t shirts? Anyone wanna bet they are maroon?
#AlwaysaSkeptic

Now the question will be...what color are the student section t shirts? Anyone wanna bet they are maroon?
#AlwaysaSkeptic
Doubtful, maroon shirts are more expensive than gold. At least that's what I've heard in the past.

I think for station19's sake we need a white-on-white day for the opener. :)

Everyone in white t-shirts and white boxer or jockey undies, and display them proudly!!!

Is it just me or does anyone think the changes make the T-Shirt too busy. I'd prefer the design we voted on with a single block M instead of the circular pattern they added. Glad I voted for the winner though.

I think for station19's sake we need a white-on-white day for the opener. :)

Everyone in white t-shirts and white boxer or jockey undies, and display them proudly!!!

Hey, if it's going to look like underwear it might as well be the real thing.

WE NEED MORE UNIFORM THREADS.:cool03:

Just let my crew of 7 know to wear Gold for this game. Can't wait!!

Perhaps I am getting old and cheap. But I fondly remember opening games at the dome where we as season ticket holders could pick up our free long sleeve tshirts.

Now the official opening game tshirt is on sale on line... For $18... In a year where season ticket prices have been INCREASED.

Oh well. I'm sure this gold out will succeed where all others have failed.

Top Bottom