Gophers will go 4-4 in the Big Ten

And Nebraska loses to Illinois...no one believes me when I talk about how bad and overrated they are!

For this program 4-4 is acceptable. 6-2 was the expectation only of the polyannas.

Not really though because anyone, myself included, that believed we could contend for the West had to be expecting 5-6 wins in the conference. A dip to 4-4 would be fine from an overall standpoint as you are not going to go up in wins every year but it would also be disappointing for this team not to be a factor in the West race.

4-4 seems rather optimistic at this point.
It truly does. Next week is now 50/50 in my mind. How sad is that?!

I just keep trying to remember back to how I was feeling two years ago at this time. Bad, bad loss at Mich. Bad loss to Iowa coming. The rest is history. That gives me some small semblance of hope to cling to. But it's fading fast, and there's a good chance it's fool's gold. But it's all I got.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Going 4-4 in the Big 10 will require a significant improvement in the Gopher offense. If the Gophers continue to play like they have the past 3 weeks, it will be challenging for them to win a Big 10 game. Coach Kill has rallied this team before and he will have to do it again. My guess at this point is 2-6.

Gotta win our home games which is doable.

Things change fast in CFB. Watch it happen. 6-2 in the B1G this year. I just don't see any less. Who knows, maybe even 7-1 since tOSU doesn't look impossible.

Too optimistic? Maybe, but no more outrageous than the "we won't win another game" predictions.

If we do not move beyond page two of the playbook, there is no way we are winning a big 10 game this season. My goodness, we made Kent State look like a P5 conference team. Right now all you have to do to defeat us is load the box and stop the run. Dare us to pass. If we do, sure ML will complete a few, but he will also overthrow the receivers and throw a 30 yard pass for an incompletion on a 3rd and 2.

I don't know how anyone who watches our offensive play calling thinks we can win a big 10 game. What is very, very concerning to me is the fact that there has almost been a regression in play calling this season. What is causing this? Is it that our players are not smart enough to learn the playbook and their assignments? Is that the coaches have no faith in the players to execute a play outside of the 5 plays that are called now? Our is Jerry just trying to continue making his $2.5 million dollar paycheck by just trying to squeak out a few wins by playing conservatively and hope we can eek out a few big 10 wins with scores of 10-7 or 7-3? There is something very, very wrong with this offense. In year 5, we should have a wide open play book - no excuses.

Gotta win our home games which is doable.

I would say that beating Michigan at home would be a minor miracle. Wisconsin is more unlikely than likely but that's a long time from now and we could improve significantly. Nebraska and Illinois look doable.

I don't know how anyone who watches our offensive play calling thinks we can win a big 10 game.

Because of the following:

1) We have 7 Big Ten games left;

2) Desperation may force the coaches to open up a bit more;

3) Croft should be more mobile than Leidner;

4) The offensive line may improve;

5) The defense may get healthy enough and play well enough to keep the score low enough for the offense to win.

Top Bottom