Gophers vs Wolverines - 247 Starter ratings

kisarazu

Reaction score
Here's the 247 starter ratings for this week.

Rules:
1 - www.ourlads.com is used for the starters.
2 - This is starting 11 only on both sides. If more than 11 are listed, I try to be fair when removing. When it's obvious that a player will not be playing, I slot in the next depth player or whoever was filling the roll last game.
3 - 247 is used for the ratings (standard not the composite). If a player did not have a rating, I gave them a 75.
4 - Transfer ratings are used over original recruiting ratings. If a transfer does not have a rating, even if they had a recruit rating, I gave them a 75. If the player just transferred the past year, I'll note from where.
5 - <<<<< indicates a listed starter change.
6 - < indicates a listed position change.

Wolverines
OFFENSE
WR-X 6 Johnson, Cornelius SR = 93
WR-Z 14 Wilson, Roman SR = 92
LT 52 Barnhart, Karsen GR = 93
LG 77 Keegan, Trevor GR = 92
OC 60 Nugent, Drake GR/TR = 90 (transfer from Stanford)
RG 65 Zinter, Zak SR = 89
RT 78 Hinton, Myles SR/TR = 90 (transfer from Stanford)
LTE 89 Barner, A.J. SR/TR = 91 (transfer from Indiana)
RTE 18 Loveland, Colston SO = 91
QB 9 McCarthy, J.J. JR = 97
RB 2 Corum, Blake SR = 92
1010/11 = 91.82

DEFENSE
EDGE 17 McGregor, Braiden SR = 94
NT 78 Grant, Kenneth SO = 90
DT 94 Jenkins, Kris SR = 88
EDGE 32 Harrell, Jaylen SR = 88
MLB 25 Colson, Junior JR = 94
WLB 23 Barrett, Michael GR = 86
FCB 12 Wallace, Josh SR/TR = 88 (transfer from UMass)
SS 7 Paige, Makari SR = 92
FS 3 Sabb, Keon RS FR = 95
BCB 2 Johnson, Will SO = 97
NB 00 Sainristil, Mike SR = 88
1000/11 = 90.91

Gophers
OFFENSE
WR-X 11 Spencer, Elijah JR/TRO = 90 (transfer from Charlotte)
WR-Z 9 Jackson, Daniel SR = 89
WR-SL 4 Crooms Jr., Corey RS SR/TR = 88 (transfer from WMU)
LT 69 Ersery, Aireontae RS JR = 86
LG 55 Cooper, Tyler RS SR = 80/WO
OC 66 Boe, Nathan RS SR = 80
RG 71 Lewis, Martes RS JR = 88
RT 77 Carroll, Quinn RS SR/TR = 88
TE 88 Spann-Ford, Brevyn RS SR = 87
QB 8 Kaliakmanis, Athan RS SO = 90
RB 26 Evans, Zach RS RS FR = 86
952/11 = 86.55

DEFENSE

DE 97 Logan-Redding, Jalen RS JR = 87
NT 93 Baugh, Kyler RS SR/TR = ? (transfer from Houston Baptist)
DT 91 Eastern, Deven RS SO = 91
RUSH 92 Striggow, Danny SR = 89
WLB 33 Selig, Ryan RS SR/TR = 88 (transfer from WMU)
MLB 9 Williams, Devon RS SO = 86
SLB 6 Baranowski, Maverick RS FR = 83
LCB 5 Walley, Justin JR = 87
SS 27 Nubin, Tyler RS SR = 90
FS 12 Green, Darius RS SO = 87
RCB 2 Jones, Tre'Von RS SR/TR = 87 (transfer from Elon Phoenix)
950/11 = 86.36

Log
(Team: Offense/Defense)
Huskers: 85.74 / 87.27
Eagles: 78.18 / 80.18
Tar Heels: 90 / 89.64
Wildcats: 86.90 / 83.36
Ragin' Cajuns: 81.18 / 81.09
Wolverines: 91.82 / 90.91

Last edited:

Not as depressing as I thought it might be.

Curious what FCB and BCB designate on the Michigan depth chart? Front/Back Cornerback?

I'm disappointed about Tyler. I thought during the Nebraska game he just didn't have room to run, which is true. Now it's clear he can't get away from medium resistance. Have to get him into space somehow because he can run with good speed.

No surprises here in the starter ratings.

OT: The Gophers have maximized the talent that they have. IMHO, they need three more impact players in each recruiting cycle.

The season rests on the team gelling together and avoiding injuries. Inexperienced depth players are put into service sooner than desired. As AK goes, so does the season.

The Taylor Weekend?

One day away and I'm actually excited for this nationally broadcast game. Probably lose big but make it a game.

I wonder if Taylor will play. And they have a second Big Ten freshman of the week in their back pocket too.

1696598925512.png

Yea, about the other Taylor "playing" this weekend, the hype is going to hit.

No surprises here in the starter ratings.

OT: The Gophers have maximized the talent that they have. IMHO, they need three more impact players in each recruiting cycle.

The season rests on the team gelling together and avoiding injuries. Inexperienced depth players are put into service sooner than desired. As AK goes, so does the season.
Correction: As Fleck, Harbaugh, and Rossi go, so goes the season.

Players lost at NC, mostly due to terrible day from AK. That’s expected once in awhile.

Coaches flat out choked away an easy win at NW. That’s not expected.

Correction: As Fleck, Harbaugh, and Rossi go, so goes the season.

Players lost at NC, mostly due to terrible day from AK. That’s expected once in awhile.

Coaches flat out choked away an easy win at NW. That’s not expected.

Inexperience at defense was exploited in both losses. That's unfortunate but expected as well. I'm still a believer in Rossi.

Experience through failure will pay dividends for the green players down the road. Unfortunately, weaknesses in Defense are bound to be exploited.

Hopefully, these players get better sooner with more playing time to salvage some victories.

Inexperience at defense was exploited in both losses. That's unfortunate but expected as well. I'm still a believer in Rossi.
Do you excuse defensive staff for allowing NC to score a TD while we were shuffling around on the sideline?

Do you excuse defensive staff for allowing NC to score a TD while we were shuffling around on the sideline?

Yup. I'll excuse defensive staff exploits some grace for one game. The longer it continues past that though... nope.

Do you think Rossi forgot how to coach/coordinate?? Serious question to you.

People were legit worried when (not if) he would leave for a HC job because his defenses have been so successful.

He gets the full season without question from me. If it's game 5 NEXT season and we're having these discussions, I'll start singing a different tune.

#InRossiWeTrust

Do you think Rossi forgot how to coach/coordinate?? Serious question to you.

People were legit worried when (not if) he would leave for a HC job because his defenses have been so successful.

He gets the full season without question from me. If it's game 5 NEXT season and we're having these discussions, I'll start singing a different tune.

#InRossiWeTrust
Serious answer. Did that actually happen at NC and did they actually score a gift TD as a result? Were there actually a few other times we were trying to sub when NC was ready to snap?

If all these things actually happened, then yes, Rossi or an assistant on the sideline forgot how to coach.

Top Bottom