Gophers vs. Iowa matches lowest O/U of all time (31.5)

Minnesota, Iowa, and Wisconsin should get the best punting recruits in America

Why go to Georgia and punt once a game when you can be one of the most important players on the team?
Because a national championship would be nice?

Playing time hardly ever seems to be a recruit positive. If you can promise an unproven guy playing time it probably means you suck at that position, that's not gud.

It seems more significant as far as transfers go ... but still not as much as you would think.

It's a weird dynamic. Recruiting is weird.

Because a national championship would be nice?

Playing time hardly ever seems to be a recruit positive. If you can promise an unproven guy playing time it probably means you suck at that position, that's not gud.

It seems more significant as far as transfers go ... but still not as much as you would think.

It's a weird dynamic. Recruiting is weird.
Do we interview recruits to see why they chose the Gophers or why they didn't? It might take some skillful techniques to get to the truth, but I'd think it would be useful.

The B1G pod guys stated Ferentz is 69-2 when leading by 8 points at any point in a game. This is the kind of stat that probably makes Fleck chomp his gum harder during the game. Keep it close, take the points.

The B1G pod guys stated Ferentz is 69-2 when leading by 8 points at any point in a game. This is the kind of stat that probably makes Fleck chomp his gum harder during the game. Keep it close, take the points.
Speaks to just how strong the Iowa defense has been over the years. To essentially know a game is over once you get up by 8 points is pretty amazing.

Has to be so frustrating for Iowa fans to see a great defense paired with such an inept offense. If they were even just middle of the pack on offense they would be a really scary team with their defense and special teams. As it stands, you know you are going to have to battle and play well but you also know you are very likely to be within striking distance for the whole game because their offense is so pathetic.

I'm seeing 32.5 O/U right now. I might do an Over the way the Gopher linebacker corps and secondary have been giving up big pass plays. Iowa will find ways to sneak a tight end into some gaping holes that have existed all season.

I'm seeing 32.5 O/U right now. I might do an Over the way the Gopher linebacker corps and secondary have been giving up big pass plays. Iowa will find ways to sneak a tight end into some gaping holes that have existed all season.

I wouldn't expect much out of Iowa's TEs on Saturday. Their top 3 are out.

Middle of the field has been open on the gopher defense…

Yes it has. However each QB the Gophers have played this year is better than Iowa's. By a significant margin.

Iowa's OL and RBs are starting to show a pulse though.

Middle of the field has been open on the gopher defense…
I get the general negativity around most things right now but if we can't lock down an Iowa passing game that is completing less than 40% of their passes for under 100 yards per game in Big Ten play that would be extremely disappointing. We have certainly had out issues in pass D but this is a team we should be able to shut down through the air.....

Especially when you factor in they are down the top 3 TEs and starting QB.

Feels like it might be a first to 14 kind of game. Kicker is OT killing the under in a game that should be tight

I get the general negativity around most things right now but if we can't lock down an Iowa passing game that is completing less than 40% of their passes for under 100 yards per game in Big Ten play that would be extremely disappointing. We have certainly had out issues in pass D but this is a team we should be able to shut down through the air.....

Especially when you factor in they are down the top 3 TEs and starting QB.
Replacement QB Hill weighs in about 260. Would seem to be sack practice if we can force him out of the pocket and not moving straight ahead.

Iowa will find ways to sneak a tight end into some gaping holes that have existed all season.
This wouldn't shock me, as even when we've had good defenses, we seem to get regularly reamed by Iowa TE's. That's been an issue for a very long time, and our defense this year has not even been close to good.

"First team to score wins" contest could set a record for longest game.

Has to be so frustrating for Iowa fans to see a great defense paired with such an inept offense. If they were even just middle of the pack on offense they would be a really scary team with their defense and special teams. As it stands, you know you are going to have to battle and play well but you also know you are very likely to be within striking distance for the whole game because their offense is so pathetic.
Hey, we can kind of relate as Gopher fans, as that is pretty much the polar opposite of Glen Mason's tenure at Minnesota, no? His rushing offenses were quite often literally unstoppable, and I'm talking against everyone, including the Michigan's, Penn State's and Ohio State's of the world, and all of that beautiful, incredibly potent offense continually undermined and wasted by defenses so putrid that they'd make you want to cry.

So yes, I can relate.

Iowa should have everyone beat on this one.

Through 7 games they have punted 47 times. The next highest in the conference has 33 and only Northwestern has 33 through 6 games the other two with 33 have played 7 (we have 27 punts through 6 games, Wisconsin has 28 through 6).

The Iowa punter is a definite weapon, I honestly wonder how many teams have ever legit had a punter that could be considered the team MVP. Because you could make a very strong case for Taylor being the best and most important player on their roster.
Reggie Roby

31.5 was wildly optimistic.

Top Bottom