Gophers to face Green Bay in WNIT first round

Scalia is good. I also noticed the emotion. I believe she will play 5 years if they have a good season next year. I am excited to see the pieces come together this off season. I think the players that have left have not hurt the team. I believe that the ones that are still on the team seem to be buying in. I would love to see them win in Brookings.
Not sure why Scalia would want to play 5 years on a low tier team and never have an opportunity to play on a bigger stage. I'm sure Powell came to that realization this year when she committed to Tennessee.

Not sure why Scalia would want to play 5 years on a low tier team and never have an opportunity to play on a bigger stage. I'm sure Powell came to that realization this year when she committed to Tennessee.
Well that is why I said if they have a good season. Powell is not good. She doesn’t understand the game. She will be a role player at best. Her court demeanor needs to change. I don’t like to rip kids apart, which is exactly what I’m doing. That is a transfer I waited for an welcomed.

Iowa state won last year starting 3 freshman and and Joens. That’s my hope for next year. A stud in Scalia. An improved Rose and let the freshman play.

I liked the fact that Sara just didn't settle for threes. Only 12 of her points were on threes. One thing I am really hoping for from next year's team is for a true leader to emerge...a vocal leader. This year's Gopher team has had players who have gone MIA all too often and one of the main problems in my opinion was that it lacked leadership. I kind of view LBK as one of the leaders on this year''s team, but her PT was limited earlier in the year and it's hard for a player who doesn't play much to be a leader. And Kadi, to me, remains an enigma. Oh, there is so much talent there, but we only see flashes of it and then it disappears. Even against Green Bay, she had a solid first half and then disappeared for a long period. Even with that, she had 14 rebounds.

But something has clicked with Sissoko the past 5 games averaging a double something like 19/9, they need her to play to her potential to go further in the tournament. I agree in the second half some of her shot selection was questionable but her rebounding was needed and helped the team clinch the victory. i might add her TO’s and early foul trouble has improved at the end of the season too.

19 posts, all just like this. Why are you even here? Its gotta be miserable being negative 100% of the time.

I caution you to not put much emphasis on these freshman coming in, we have to get studs from the portal or it is going to be a long haul. These freshman all have next level holes in their game that it will be up to their work ethic to overcome.
Holloway best asset is her athleticism, but in the BIG, they will all be athletic. I wouldnt describe her as an elite defender, but being one is the way she gets playing time as a freshman and I'm not sure she will get there.. she will need to be coached up
Heyer best asset is she runs the floor really well. The knock on her at the next level is she has always been a back to the basket kid and that wont work in the BIG. She will have to develop that LBK mid range, I think she will get there but as a freshman, not sure.
Battle is a nice player, but cant figure out what position she is, I wouldnt label her a pure PG, she is athletic, I would compare her to a more athletic Alexia Smith, with a better shot, but shooting 3s is not really her game.
Braun is the most ready to play as a freshman in my opinion, but she is so slender, she will need to put on muscle like Scalia did. I see her as a 2 guard, but to play her right away, you would keep Scalia at the PG spot.. there are options there.
my point is we need to win now, which is portal, we need to get studs from the portal.. LBK, mershon, Baily from the portal, those are roles players and on top 3 team in the BIG they probably wouldnt get much time.

Top Bottom