Gophers to face Green Bay in WNIT first round

INDIANAPOLIS, Ind. – Monday afternoon the Horizon League office announced the #HLWBB All-League Awards, and the Green Bay women's basketball team was represented in multiple categories. Hailey Oskey was named All-League First Team, Bailey Butler was named the Freshman of the Year, Sixth Player of the Year, and All-Freshman Team, while Maddy Schreiber was also named to the All-Freshman Team.

Oskey, a junior guard from Seymour, Wis. is the team's leading scorer and primary scoring option. On the year, she is averaging 13.1 points and 3.2 rebounds per game but has been even better against HL opponents. Out of 18 Horizon League games, Oskey has scored in double figures 14 times and is averaging 14.2 points, 3.2 rebounds, and 2.0 assists while shooting 44.5-percent from the floor, 40.8-percent from three, and 88.7-percent from the charity stripe. Oskey had a career-best performance in GB's season finale against Cleveland State to lock up the HL No. 3 seed. Against the Vikings, she scored 26 points and grabbed five steals, going 9-for-12 from the free-throw line.

Freshman guard Bailey Butler has had an excellent freshman season coming off the bench for the Phoenix. Butler was named the Horizon League Freshman of the Week four times, twice more than any other freshman in the league. The South Wayne, Wis. native stuffed the stat sheet all season long, averaging 5.9 points, 3.3 rebounds, and 2.2 assists in 24.1 minutes per game. Butler's best game of the season came at Youngstown State on Dec. 4, 2021, when she finished with 14 points, six rebounds, two assists, and two steals in 29 minutes.

Schreiber, a freshman forward from Appleton, Wis. has also been crucial to Green Bay's success this season. Schreiber has played in all 24 games, starting 15 of them. She averaged 6.8 points, 4.2 rebounds, and 1.3 assists per game. Schreiber is one of the most efficient Phoenix, shooting a team-high 49.6-percent from the field, and was second on the team in three point field goal percentage at 38.0-percent. Her best game came early in the season against Northern Kentucky when she nearly notched a double-double with 11 points and nine rebounds

So if they win the NIT, then they will have a better than .500 record? And if lose in the finals, a .500 record?

Nothing is listed on the UWGB site yet. It looks like a lot of their regular season games were on ESPN+.
Saw the Listen button on the GB site but that might be a default post. Our only post season basketball, I will hope I can watch it.

Looks like we left our defense in Minneapolis. Barf

UWGB 34-32 at the half. Sissoko with 14 points and 7 rebounds is keeping us in the game. UWGB is 6-18 from three and Minnesota 4-12.

We are so lazy, we dont even run at people at the. 3 point line. Find someone on the bench who is willing to play defense. There has to be someone who knows how to play defense on the bench, cause the group on the floor doesn’t have a clue.

Last edited:

While I would like to see the seniors get a bit more out of their careers, I think it would be best to just stick a fork in this season and be done. This is just too hard to watch.

We've finally turned to our only real offense. Give the ball to Sara and get outta the way

Sissoko's shot selection in this game makes me want to drink.

Lucky Scalia went off in the 4th quarter, should come away with a victory.

Wasnt pretty for 3 quarters but thats a solid road win. South Dakota St is up next

While I would like to see the seniors get a bit more out of their careers, I think it would be best to just stick a fork in this season and be done. This is just too hard to watch.
This did not age well. Nice W secondary to a strong 4th. SS was amazing...again.

Did not see that coming. We looked so unfocused for so long. Thankfully Scalia dug deep on offense we got enough done on defense to get the W.

anyway Scalia could be out Patberg and have her play 7 years for us??

Sara DIDN'T want to lose.. when she shows emotion you know she isn't screwin around.. Sara scored 17 of her 32 in the 4th quarter..

Kadi showed a glimpses again of how good she could be when she's locked in but kind of went MIA in the 2nd half..

Yay! That's a nice win! Gives some hope maybe this team can turnaround going forward.

Winning Ugly. But, a win is a win. They were out hustled and out rebounded for much of the game. They got really tough when it counted the most. They need to relish the win tonight and start focusing on the next game, which will be potentially tougher.

Scalia is good. I also noticed the emotion. I believe she will play 5 years if they have a good season next year. I am excited to see the pieces come together this off season. I think the players that have left have not hurt the team. I believe that the ones that are still on the team seem to be buying in. I would love to see them win in Brookings.

I like that it was a gritty win. Behind by 7 and, I think, 9 later on (admittedly, largely because of bad shots), they kept battling back.

Watching the game, it appeared that Sara just willed this team to a win. I have said in previous posts throughout the season that it seemed this team lacked a true leader, someone to step up when things got tough, I think Sara might have answered the call.

Watching the game, it appeared that Sara just willed this team to a win. I have said in previous posts throughout the season that it seemed this team lacked a true leader, someone to step up when things got tough, I think Sara might have answered the call.
Completely agree with this statement. Really hope this continues!

Top Bottom