Gophers talking about modernization of Williams Arena, similar to Purdue

The chair back areas should be ripped out and replaced with benches, just like it used to be.

Putting in chairs with backs (ie, stadium seats) did more to ruin the atmosphere at Williams than anything else. It’s created a population of fans who have come to expect sitting on their ass in comfort for 2 hours as if watching the theater.

Totally remove the seats from the student sections from behind both the baskets. Make those young kids stand the whole game the way we used to!

Totally remove the seats from the student sections from behind both the baskets. Make those young kids stand the whole game the way we used to!

Just remove all seats and benches. Force everyone to stand. Install electrical shock stations that cause all fans to scream and makes their hair stand straight up at key times. Would freak out the opponents and give us a clear home-court advantage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's cause you're not a kid about 8 years old like I saw this season. Not sure what bothered him most--the view from his angle or the mist.

Post of the day for sure. Really good chance the youngster is scarred for life. An example: my neighbor's Flat Coated Retriever hosed down his wife's yorkie puppy the first time they were introduced in their front yard......stunted the yorkie's growth and he never did learn to retrieve......he also ran for the closet every time it rained. Quite sad, really.

Post of the day for sure. Really good chance the youngster is scarred for life. An example: my neighbor's Flat Coated Retriever hosed down his wife's yorkie puppy the first time they were introduced in their front yard......stunted the yorkie's growth and he never did learn to retrieve......he also ran for the closet every time it rained. Quite sad, really.

A Golden Shower Retriever?

That's cause you're not a kid about 8 years old like I saw this season. Not sure what bothered him most--the view from his angle or the mist.

The mist is considered to be between 3 and 5 feet. Poor kid.

Put the student section behind the benches to increase student ticket demand and amp up the intimidation level. Many programs are copying Cameron Indoor and we should too.

Put the student section behind the benches to increase student ticket demand and amp up the intimidation level. Many programs are copying Cameron Indoor and we should too.

This. I’m so sick of watching on tv and seeing the sparsely congregated scowling curmudgeons, with their arms crossed, that haven’t done a rouser since Nam.. Let’s give Williams a shot of life!

Love it ! I have been in 106 forever and would gladly agree to move so students could sit on the sides. At JPJ at UVA it is that way, Rowdy on the sides. Breslin too.About 30 % of the schools are doing it this way .

Love it ! I have been in 106 forever and would gladly agree to move so students could sit on the sides. At JPJ at UVA it is that way, Rowdy on the sides. Breslin too.About 30 % of the schools are doing it this way .

Maryland as well! Students get free tickets as well!

Maryland as well! Students get free tickets as well!

Great to hear. Really tired of how the U has had no clue on how to get students to the games and enhance the experience at all big 3 events.

Great to hear. Really tired of how the U has had no clue on how to get students to the games and enhance the experience at all big 3 events.

families too. Iowa football changes 25 a ticket in the lower bowl. More affordable for families. Heard that from an employee this year.

Attended the Reese's East -v- West all-star game yesterday! First time for me in US Bank, and oh boy, what can I say:confused: It was Good to see Murph scoring again, and the game was free, but that venue is something else again. What's the word I'm looking for...cavernous..commodious..voluminous? Oh hell, let me just say it was "really, really big...and deep!"
For those not there, the seating arrangements were oddly skewed whereby all the spectators were restricted to one side of the court, leaving many quality courtside seats on the far side empty. My own seat could best be described in naval terms as: aloft port aft. For perspective, if the Barn had no roof, it would be like watching a game from atop the Ridder Arena Tennis Facility. I could certainly identify Murph because of his hair, but the other players from my vantage point were largely unrecognizable - as was any semblance of defensive play.
I wondered aloud how many of the seats would be made available for the actual games, and a guy behind me asserted "all the seats are being sold - 70+ thousand!" OMG can this be true :confused:!
Leaving the game a bit early, I availed myself of the Men's facilities to discover that even in a billion dollar arena, there still are wait lines.
All considered, it was an interesting experience watching basketball at US Bank; an experience that confirmed in my mind at least, that as to proposed renovations to Williams Arena - other than maintaining the structural integrity of the building, the kindest possible thing would probably be to just leave it alone.

Just give me the sweet projector that lets Purdue make those awesome videos on the court. That’s all I need.

It seems like it would be easy enough to get a sponsor to cover making tickets free.

Top Bottom