Gophers still in the hunt

A-10 will be the biggest beneficiary

This particular season I think it's the mid-majors who are going to benefit most from the Pac 10 being down. I don't think the ACC is all that down, it'll still likely get 6 bids. Ditto for the Big East and Big 12, which I think are looking at 7 bids apiece.

Unlike recent seasons, there are a lot of mid-majors who built solid resumes during the nonconference season and have sustained/enhanced those resumes within their conferences. Am very confident it's the Atlantic 10 that will benefit the most. There's a very real chance the A-10 will get as many bids (4-5) as the Big 10. The A-10 has 6 teams legitimately in the hunt for an at-large bid. ... Charlotte, Dayton, Rhode Island, Richmond, Temple & Xavier. I would expect a minimum of 4 bids for the A-10.

Interesting our strength of schedule is 18th. I guess that makes sense though, we've played MSU twice, Purdue, and OSU twice already in conference. Plus the Butler game. If we had Nolen, I'd feel really good about a run to close the year. Without him...well, we need some guys to step up.

Interesting our strength of schedule is 18th. I guess that makes sense though, we've played MSU twice, Purdue, and OSU twice already in conference. Plus the Butler game. If we had Nolen, I'd feel really good about a run to close the year. Without him...well, we need some guys to step up.

Totally agree. Our personnel losses have been massive, and have come at very bad times. I still have confidence that this team can pull out a few games though. The NCAA tournament is not out of the question. Sure, we're dispirited about the OSU game, but this is a team that's never been particularly good on the road. If we win out at Williams, we should be in good shape, but we need to beat PSU this weekend.

I don't think there is any question we go to the tourney. Every single game for the rest of the year is a winnable game, with our toughest being Purdue at the barn. I could easily see us going 7-2 to finish the year, if not better. That puts us at 20 wins going into the Big Ten Tourney. It would be nice to get that Purdue and Wisconsin win on our resume though.

GN

I don't think there is any question we go to the tourney. Every single game for the rest of the year is a winnable game, with our toughest being Purdue at the barn. I could easily see us going 7-2 to finish the year, if not better. That puts us at 20 wins going into the Big Ten Tourney. It would be nice to get that Purdue and Wisconsin win on our resume though.

I generally agree.

I wouldn't say "easily see us going 7-2 to finish the year..." but as I have said in other threads, Illinois, which would seem to be the most obvious competion for the 5th Big Ten spot has one hellacious final 8 Big Ten games. We can catch them if the Gophers pull it together.

:clap::clap::clap:

POSITIVITY! I love it!

You tell 'em Brother Brewster! :)

SOS is the only thing at this point that could probably land us a spot in the tourney...games against wisconsin and purdue may help that SOS 18 go up...then maybe playing MSU again in the Big Ten tourney...granted we must win 20 as well.

Top Bottom