Gophers shot 33 percent and...

BigGopherFan

Banned
Reaction score
...had a chance to win in the end against a very strong team. Yes, that was likely one of the worst games the Gophers have played in a couple years, but they had the ball with a chance to tie with 13 seconds left. Remember, Illinois, Michigan and Michigan State all lost to unranked teams Friday.

With that said:
Rodney looked simply lost in the half-court offense. I'm not sure he is as good as we all thought...the team defense played pretty well (again)...if the Gophers make 75 percent of their free throws instead of whatever they shot, they win...the offensive sets were mind-numbing, what is Minnesota running in the half-court, honestly?...Nolen showed some fire at the end...Devoe and Blake didn't shoot with the confidence they had against Butler.

Yeah, our offense needs some TLC. Handing the ball off for 20 seconds outside the three point line and then hucking up a bad shot will not work very well against Big Ten competition. With that said, we would have won last night had our shooting been a little better. A little dissapointed as we had many opportunities to win that game.

Biggest problem I have taken away from this game is our free throw shooting. Nothing has frustrated me more. They are supposed to be high percentage shots, yet we make only a little over 50%. We shoot closer to 75% or better, and we would have won that game. Its too bad, but free throw shooting can make or break a game and the way we are shooting them now, we will probably lose a few more close games that probably should have been won.

Top Bottom