Gophers Season Projection: Likely NIT bound

I'm going to ask this honestly, do you even know what racism is?

The fact that you think people that disagree with a new poster is a form of racism truly begs the question?

You are bigoted against new people.

In relation to this room, my race is as a new person, and that is what you are bigoted against.

Quit doing these things and lets get back to talking hoops!

Just so I have this straight, Goldy responds to Missed with this line:

Oh...it was so nice and quiet around here for the past few days...

And, somehow Missed thinks that equates to Nazi-like tactics and he's offended. Really? That simple little throw-away line from Goldy is Nazi-like and offensive?

You know what is really offensive? It is Missed suggesting what the Jews went through against the Nazis is somehow remotely comparable to what Missed had to endure by reading Goldy's line. Now, that is offensive.

Missed - simple bit of message board advice. If you're going to come onto a board as a newcomer or an oldtimer and throw out some bold proclamations (this one on this thread isn't all that bold), but you have had some others, then grow some thicker skin man. It is only a message board. Goldy's line was nothing to get too worked up over.

Racist against new posters? Yeah, alrighty then.

Chi Town, what is your point? Do you think the Gophers are going to win it all? Going to the NCAA tourney, If so, why and how? Instead of verbally assaulting those you disagree with, why don't you provide some logic behind whatever thoughts, ideas, concerns, you might have as to either why people are wrong or why you are right...

My point was that making any prediction about how the season would finish without knowing what will happen to the starting point guard is kind of pointless because whether or not he plays will change how I would look at each game. Is that logical enough for you?

The purpose of your thread was to rile up fans by saying the team is going to go to the NIT. No fan base wants to hear that, and you like to bother people. Are you wrong? Probably not, but I take issue with your conclusion simply because any conclusion that you come up with is going to be flawed due to your lack of knowledge about this team and your dislike of the Gophers. There are plenty of people on this board that don't like Nolen and would prefer a different point guard. I think most of them are nuts, but I don't feel the need to tell them because even the Nolen haters wouldn't say he isn't a factor. No matter how much I dislike Wisconsin and Jon Leuer, I'm not going to say Leuer doesn't matter. You deserve to be called out when you make stupid statements.

I'm going to ask this honestly, do you even know what racism is?

The fact that you think people that disagree with a new poster is a form of racism truly begs the question?

My thoughts exactly.. This is just yet another example of how this board has changed over the past year. 2-3-5 years ago there were a few questionable characters, but now they all seem to be crawling out of the woodwork. I swear some of RubeChat (over at KFAN) have moved over here....

User CP>>Edit Ignore List>>Enter "missed-layup"

Stop giving this guy the attention he craves...

If Minnesota beats Indiana in OT, everyone in the country and on this board would be saying they are a shoe in for the NCAA tourney. So I guess 3 points in OT is the difference between a likely 7-9 seed come tourney time and NIT now. They have a chance to win every game left on the schedule (Ohio State being the toughest). I think it is likely that they win 7 of these games.
11-7 in the Big Ten is a LOCK to make the tourney (especially with a non-conference RPI top 25 win).....somebody want to list all the Big Ten team with 11 conference wins that have missed the tourney for me?
Anyone saying they need to get to 12 or 13 conference wins to be a lock is a moron. 11-7 gets MN in. 10-8 means they need to do work in the BTT.

I agree that every game we have left is winnable. Not saying that I predict we win out, but it is possible. When we play our best, we are tough to beat, but then we have setbacks (Indiana) that show we can't make a NCAA run. Either way I wouldn't count us out yet

Moron or just moronic

This is a moronic statement:

"You use your Union thug gestapo style tactics to intimidate those who challenge the status quo in here..."

They really should enhance the ignore feature so it blots out ALL qouted stuff from those you want to ignore.

Missed-layup has the audacity to see a different world. A world in which a poster is not judged by his newness, but by the sheer lunacy of his posts. A world in which posts are judged by their content, rather than by their poster. A world in which the number of posts is irrelevant, and the only thing that matters is the idiotic opinions within each post. Oh yes, he has dared to see that world. It may seem impossible today. And we may not see those changes in any of our lifetimes. But one day, our children, or our children's children, will be able to troll any message board without the threat of denigration. And when that promised land is reached, we will be able to look back and see that righteous train started here, on these tracks of GopherHole. And then we will all be truly able to appreciate Missed-layup's vision. Oh yes, someday we will reach that salvation, and it has all started with Missed-layup today.

Son

Missed-layup has the audacity to see a different world. A world in which a poster is not judged by his newness, but by the sheer lunacy of his posts. A world in which posts are judged by their content, rather than by their poster. A world in which the number of posts is irrelevant, and the only thing that matters is the idiotic opinions within each post. Oh yes, he has dared to see that world. It may seem impossible today. And we may not see those changes in any of our lifetimes. But one day, our children, or our children's children, will be able to troll any message board without the threat of denigration. And when that promised land is reached, we will be able to look back and see that righteous train started here, on these tracks of GopherHole. And then we will all be truly able to appreciate Missed-layup's vision. Oh yes, someday we will reach that salvation, and it has all started with Missed-layup today.

Good one. :)

:clap::clap::clap:

My point was that making any prediction about how the season would finish without knowing what will happen to the starting point guard is kind of pointless because whether or not he plays will change how I would look at each game. Is that logical enough for you?

The purpose of your thread was to rile up fans by saying the team is going to go to the NIT. No fan base wants to hear that, and you like to bother people. Are you wrong? Probably not, but I take issue with your conclusion simply because any conclusion that you come up with is going to be flawed due to your lack of knowledge about this team and your dislike of the Gophers. There are plenty of people on this board that don't like Nolen and would prefer a different point guard. I think most of them are nuts, but I don't feel the need to tell them because even the Nolen haters wouldn't say he isn't a factor. No matter how much I dislike Wisconsin and Jon Leuer, I'm not going to say Leuer doesn't matter. You deserve to be called out when you make stupid statements.

Maybe no fan wants to hear these things I write , but no alcoholic wants to hear they need to go to AA either. But, both are the right thing to do. Yes, some messages are tough to hear and the deniers who continue to attack the "new guy" prove my point that alternative opinions are not welcomed in this chat room. What explains this if it is not some form of bigotry? All I started with was my prediction of where the Gophers would end up? I made no mention about anyone personally nor did I even mention any other people on here until I was assaulted Rodney King style. Obviously a bias against differing opinions exists. This is basically a "cult" that has ganged up on me. I know facts are the best approach to use in starting the deprogramming process and to get people to see reality outside of this cult. You "call me out" by calling me an "idiot" or a "troll" does absolutely nothing to enhance your point about why my post might be wrong, it is a simpletons way of handling problems and it does not work on me. Lets try debating the facts and stop with your left-wing union thug intimidation techniques that obviously don't work but just show how "cult-like" you really are.

If Nolen was so valuable why did we almost beat Michigan State without him? Maybe Jospeph's massive offensive improvement was more important than Nolen's better defense, have you ever considered that? Ep: Johnson is a very good defensive player but he gives you very little offensively, perhaps this is also an area we could improve in. We just don't have the talent to replace him the same way Joseph can easily upgrade Nolen. I don't dislike the Gophers, I love the Gophers, but I am not going to say they are the best team just because I am a fan. Lets use a personal example of your logic: Lets say your kid sucks at hockey, but being a biased dad you think your kid is great and keep encouraging him to play. He might continue to play to keep you happy but he won't be happy as the other kids just out-pace him year after year. You keep getting upset at other kids, parents, refs to justify your own kids lack of success (ignoring reality) and become the loud, bitter parent that eventually assaults a coach for not playing a kid who should have been out of the sport years earlier. Unbeknownst to you, your kid would have been the next Beethoven, but due to your ignorance of reality he stuck with Hockey to keep you happy. The moral is, lighten up, realize people can have differing opinions, and if the Gophers only make the NIT it is not the end of the world, the quicker your realize it, the easier it will be for you to accept it when it really happens. I hope they make the NCAA, they do have a chance, its just unlikely with this group of players.

Son Of The Varsity, you are starting to catch on....Its amazing how ruffled people get with differing opinions in the GH. The venom people throw out to silence opinion is as ridiculous as my higher calling for social justice in the Gopher hole. People think this GH is an elite club(cult) of geniuses that all know the true light to Gophers success. I honestly just want to come in here and have discussions about Gopher hoops with some of the smart people that do post in here. It is impossible when every time you post an opinion, all you get is called names by people who take this way too seriously and rarely make good points and if they do you would not know it because it is couched in the form of "Idiot, "Moron", "Troll", etc.

Missed-Layup is absolutely 100 percent correct... gophers have no key wins besides butler which is an iffy one at best...ohio state could be considered one... 18-12 is a great prediction if we do not get white and mbakwe back. Losses to portland and miami and certainly will not help the cause... like i said before penn state had 22 wins last year... with a resume much like the gophers have this year and they didn't even get into the tourney. Must get it done at home... and win key games vs ranked opponents at home and on the road...8-2 would probably seal the deal for a tourney bid...having less than that would put us on the bubble i believe.

This year could be a year where a plus .500 big 10 record might not equal an NCAA berth, if we don't have very many victories over ranked teams and losses to Miami and Indiana. We might need 22 wins.

You are completely out of line. Your analogies are horrible. You're comparing millions of people being slaughtered to people calling you names on here. If you want people to stop attacking your posts, stop making absurd analogies, stop repeating that you think we're going to the NIT (I think we've all got it by now), and stop saying people are going to be banned like Bronko because they call you a name.

If you don't want to be associated with Nazi tactics, overt racism, cyber-bullying then quit doing those things, albeit on a smaller level, and talk basketball. Its ok to disagree but say why you disagree and whatever other points you want to make about hoops.

I don't like when people bring up the whole new person crap, but the reason you're getting that is because you show up when the gophers are losing to say over and over that you think we're going to the NIT and you start waaaay too many threads.

You are bigoted against new people.

In relation to this room, my race is as a new person, and that is what you are bigoted against.

Quit doing these things and lets get back to talking hoops!

Maybe no fan wants to hear these things I write , but no alcoholic wants to hear they need to go to AA either. But, both are the right thing to do. Yes, some messages are tough to hear and the deniers who continue to attack the "new guy" prove my point that alternative opinions are not welcomed in this chat room. What explains this if it is not some form of bigotry? All I started with was my prediction of where the Gophers would end up? I made no mention about anyone personally nor did I even mention any other people on here until I was assaulted Rodney King style. Obviously a bias against differing opinions exists. This is basically a "cult" that has ganged up on me. I know facts are the best approach to use in starting the deprogramming process and to get people to see reality outside of this cult. You "call me out" by calling me an "idiot" or a "troll" does absolutely nothing to enhance your point about why my post might be wrong, it is a simpletons way of handling problems and it does not work on me. Lets try debating the facts and stop with your left-wing union thug intimidation techniques that obviously don't work but just show how "cult-like" you really are.

If Nolen was so valuable why did we almost beat Michigan State without him? Maybe Jospeph's massive offensive improvement was more important than Nolen's better defense, have you ever considered that? Ep: Johnson is a very good defensive player but he gives you very little offensively, perhaps this is also an area we could improve in. We just don't have the talent to replace him the same way Joseph can easily upgrade Nolen. I don't dislike the Gophers, I love the Gophers, but I am not going to say they are the best team just because I am a fan. Lets use a personal example of your logic: Lets say your kid sucks at hockey, but being a biased dad you think your kid is great and keep encouraging him to play. He might continue to play to keep you happy but he won't be happy as the other kids just out-pace him year after year. You keep getting upset at other kids, parents, refs to justify your own kids lack of success (ignoring reality) and become the loud, bitter parent that eventually assaults a coach for not playing a kid who should have been out of the sport years earlier. Unbeknownst to you, your kid would have been the next Beethoven, but due to your ignorance of reality he stuck with Hockey to keep you happy. The moral is, lighten up, realize people can have differing opinions, and if the Gophers only make the NIT it is not the end of the world, the quicker your realize it, the easier it will be for you to accept it when it really happens. I hope they make the NCAA, they do have a chance, its just unlikely with this group of players.

You've really given me a lot to think about, let's get Al Nolen some piano lessons. :rolleyes:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0MRmxfLuNto&feature=related

Underground relax, take some breaths, start your own thread it might be therapeutic for you. I start my threads because I have an opinion I want to share. You don't have to read them. As you know, I welcome good debate, and I hope you decide to partake in some of it, even if it is with a new guy like me. Lets just keep off the personal insults and my exaggerated analogies might go away. Spread this message to those in your cult and we might even get along some day, you seem reasonable and I'm sure we will have healthy debates. If you keep treating me, to use an old phrase, like "the Fat Kid at the bus stop", I will stand up for myself and these bigoted exchanges will keep happening.

Son Of The Varsity, you are starting to catch on....Its amazing how ruffled people get with differing opinions in the GH. The venom people throw out to silence opinion is as ridiculous as my higher calling for social justice in the Gopher hole. People think this GH is an elite club(cult) of geniuses that all know the true light to Gophers success. I honestly just want to come in here and have discussions about Gopher hoops with some of the smart people that do post in here. It is impossible when every time you post an opinion, all you get is called names by people who take this way too seriously and rarely make good points and if they do you would not know it because it is couched in the form of "Idiot, "Moron", "Troll", etc.

Wow. Right over his head. Excellent work Son Of The Varsity. Very well played. We got it. Missed-layup didn't.

So did you not quote me because you didn't really respond to anything I said? You're telling me to relax? You're the one who seems to think you're being treated like a Jew in Nazi Germany because someone said it was just getting quiet around here.

Underground relax, take some breaths, start your own thread it might be therapeutic for you. I start my threads because I have an opinion I want to share. You don't have to read them. As you know, I welcome good debate, and I hope you decide to partake in some of it, even if it is with a new guy like me. Lets just keep off the personal insults and my exaggerated analogies might go away. Spread this message to those in your cult and we might even get along some day, you seem reasonable and I'm sure we will have healthy debates. If you keep treating me, to use an old phrase, like "the Fat Kid at the bus stop", I will stand up for myself and these bigoted exchanges will keep happening.

KUDOS

Kudos to SonOfVarsity... It was a twofer:

Main Entry: par·o·dy
Pronunciation: \ˈper-ə-dē, ˈpa-rə-\
Function: noun
Inflected Form(s): plural par·o·dies
Etymology: Latin parodia, from Greek parōidia, from para- + aidein to sing — more at ode
Date: 1598
1 : a literary or musical work in which the style of an author or work is closely imitated for comic effect or in ridicule
2 : a feeble or ridiculous imitation

Main Entry: sar·casm
Pronunciation: \ˈsär-ˌka-zəm\
Function: noun
Etymology: French or Late Latin; French sarcasme, from Late Latin sarcasmos, from Greek sarkasmos, from sarkazein to tear flesh, bite the lips in rage, sneer, from sark-, sarx flesh; probably akin to Avestan thwarəs- to cut
Date: 1550
1 : a sharp and often satirical or ironic utterance designed to cut or give pain
2 a : a mode of satirical wit depending for its effect on bitter, caustic, and often ironic language that is usually directed against an individual b : the use or language of sarcasm

:clap::clap::clap:

You would not know Sarcasm if it was written on Goldy's forehead...Section 201, you will end up like Bronco if you keep it up!!!

You would not know Sarcasm if it was written on Goldy's forehead...Section 201, you will end up like Bronco if you keep it up!!!

Ok, you can come out and say it now. You've been playing with us all along. Please, for your own sake, come out and say that. You've gone too far past reality for anyone to believe that you aren't just trying to play us. Certainly you can't be staking a claim to what you're actually now going with here. The irony is too far fetched now to believe.

Ok, you can come out and say it now. You've been playing with us all along. Please, for your own sake, come out and say that. You've gone too far past reality for anyone to believe that you aren't just trying to play us. Certainly you can't be staking a claim to what you're actually now going with here. The irony is too far fetched now to believe.

TJ why don't you try going to the dictionary and look up some words then post them in a reply and act as though those words were just recently used. That would be original and cool. Then continue to insult everyone instead of talking about an honest post about Gopher hoops going to the NIT, that would be original too.

Every game is a must win from here. The team who lost to Indiana and to Portland State does not provide much confidence in our ability to win any of our remaining games. I would think we are a lock for the NIT. With RW back in the line-up we will have a chance to get an automatic berth in the NCAA by winning the BIG10 Tournament. We need to play them one-game at a time and see where the chips fall in March. Every game from here is a MUST WIN!

Top Bottom