Gopher's schedule history

Ole

Reaction score
I was checking out the future schedules on gophersports when I noticed that the past schedules go back to the very beginning of the program, I found it very cool to check into some of the scores and teams that we played back in 1800's and turn of the century on.
Looks like we used to womp something called a Grinell, 1904 146-0, Hamline was in there alot, Shattucks, Chicago, I saw one team called the Boat Club, dunno what that's all about, and quite a few local highs schools, Minneapolis South tied us one year(kinda sad, but cool for them).
Alot of 0-0 ties too which would have sucked to watch, one of our better years in the 60's we tied Missouri 0-0 60,61, or 62 can't remember.
Check it out, it's pretty interesting.

notice that for a long time we played Nebraska every year.

we dominated the series earlier, and then they started to really own us

Grinnell...it's in Iowa. It's a very good school...but another one of the many dozens of schools whose alumni claim to be the Harvard of the Midwest.

I was checking out the future schedules on gophersports when I noticed that the past schedules go back to the very beginning of the program, I found it very cool to check into some of the scores and teams that we played back in 1800's and turn of the century on.
Looks like we used to womp something called a Grinell, 1904 146-0, Hamline was in there alot, Shattucks, Chicago, I saw one team called the Boat Club, dunno what that's all about, and quite a few local highs schools, Minneapolis South tied us one year(kinda sad, but cool for them).
Alot of 0-0 ties too which would have sucked to watch, one of our better years in the 60's we tied Missouri 0-0 60,61, or 62 can't remember.
Check it out, it's pretty interesting.

Grinnell. It's a top notch lib arts school in the middle of a cornfield off I-80 in Iowa. My college is the same conference as them. Their FB still sucks, but their MBB team is known for it's crazy offensive scheme called The System.

I've always found it interesting to see how many schools that are now D-III used to play the BCS schools back in the day.

Grinnell...it's in Iowa. It's a very good school...but another one of the many dozens of schools whose alumni claim to be the Harvard of the Midwest.

Shoot YotG. I answer an urgent e-mail and you beat me to it. ;)

Top Bottom