Gophers schedule a home and home with…

Yep and they probably don’t hate Wisconsin at all because they are no threat. Thanks for making my point.
Lol
Yet most badger fans, according to you, hate them.

So as you accuse gopher fans of being dumb you say Wisconsin fans do the exact same thing.

This might be the worst face plant of a post in GH history.

Dead wrong about bama, and Rocky Top is Tennessee.

Well done sir. GH hall of fame bad.
Pretty strong take to come out with no facts on.

Alabama hasn't played a true road game above the Mason-Dixon line since at least 2004.

Duke was their last non-con, P5, true road game I can find, back in 2010. They visited FSU in 2007. That's it. 2 true road NC games. They have played neutral site games in that time.

Also, brush up on your Gopher history. The band trolled 'Bama in the Music City Bowl win by playing Rocky Top back in 2004.

If I recall correctly, this was the same person who was sulking around the board for all of December of 2019 because it was a foregone conclusion that we were going to get massacred by Auburn.
I went back through post history and you are correct. Wow dude is such a negative Nancy. What a terrible way to live life.

Yeah the the badger fans really hated Minnesota when they kicked the shit out of them for what was it like 16 years in a row. Win some games and the rivalry will come back. I know they have won 2 of last 4 but it takes more than that. Where the hate and rivalry comes in would be like a situation where you had to just beat one team to go to the big ten title and at worst you get the rose bowl but your hated rival beat that ass 38-17 on your turf with college game day there. I get why Minnesota hates Wisconsin but it’s a one way street me boy.
Go to a Gopher game in Madison wearing Gopher colors. Trust me, they hate the Gophers.

I went back through post history and you are correct. Wow dude is such a negative Nancy. What a terrible way to live life.
Yeah, either a troll or someone with a really sad outlook on life.

Has anyone else watching Hubbard Broadcasting (KSTP Ch 5, KSTC Ch 45 in MSP) stories on the game noticed that they are using game footage of only turnovers from the Purdue game regarding this story?

Lol
Yet most badger fans, according to you, hate them.

So as you accuse gopher fans of being dumb you say Wisconsin fans do the exact same thing.
I didn’t say it was dumb at all. It actually makes tons of sense to me. I would always think your biggest rival would be a good team that your favorite team struggles with. Stop taking everything so personally. Never once said anything about anyone being dumb at all. I think all fans in all sports probably do this, this is how rivalry’s go in my opinion.

Has anyone else watching Hubbard Broadcasting (KSTP Ch 5, KSTC Ch 45 in MSP) stories on the game noticed that they are using game footage of only turnovers from the Purdue game regarding this story?
Deep-media psy-ops underway for sure...

Go to a Gopher game in Madison wearing Gopher colors. Trust me, they hate the Gophers.
Again I can only speak to myself and people I know. Maybe your right and I’m wrong. I’m just saying I live in an area that’s about half and half gophers and badgers and I don’t see it that way. Some of my best friends are gopher fans, I’ve always enjoyed the games and I love the stadiums in Minnesota.

I think WI should petition the big ten to put OSU and MI on their schedules every year to preserve those rivalries.

If I recall correctly, this was the same person who was sulking around the board for all of December of 2019 because it was a foregone conclusion that we were going to get massacred by Auburn.
...and the same guy that said Wisconsin will blow Minnesota away...again, and wished the game was buried on BTN to save us the embarrassment.

I'll be there in November, can't wait. I hope this scene is ingrained in their minds.

Whoever made this decision should be fired. It’s bad enough we play Mississippi State in a few years home and home and will get two blowout losses on the schedule early. Now we have to play not only an SEC school but arguably the best one by far.

It’s bad enough this news comes as we just got embarrassed by Purdue on homecoming and now we are going to get pounded by Illinois and Penn State (especially since it’s their famous white out game). By the time that’s done we will be lucky to win another game the rest of the way, let alone bowl eligibility. Plus lose the bowl game if we even get that far.

Maybe instead of doing crazy stuff like scheduling powerhouse SEC schools we can work on beating the Purdues and Illinois of the world first. Plus work on actually beating our rivals on a consistent basis, especially on the road more often (Iowa and Wisconsin especially come to mind), and make a dent in how lopsided they are (Michigan and Penn State especially come to mind here). Not to mention Nebraska will find their footing and get strong again too.

I’m also not falling for the play the best to be the best, because getting knocked around by Ohio State, Michigan, Iowa, Wisconsin, Penn State, etc. for years did nothing to make the program better or get any better recruiting. Stop scheduling ridiculous SEC schools (even schools such as Vanderbilt are good now too) as we have had trouble beating MAC schools and FCS schools and even lost to them. Now you’ve just guaranteed two more non conference losses and being embarrassed on national TV with nothing to gain from it.
And I thought I was pissy after our last loss.

per Shama:

Through a request for information to the University of Minnesota, Sports Headliners has learned the Gophers will pay legendary football power Alabama $300,000 to play at Huntington Bank Stadium September 18, 2032. Alabama will guarantee the same amount to Minnesota for the September 17, 2033 game in Tuscaloosa.

Minnesota and Alabama athletic departments will both generate large revenues, with the assumption here each will keep all home game revenues including ticket receipts. Guarantees for nonconference games are often much larger than $300,000, further creating big paydays for both schools.

Minnesota is 1-0 all-time against Alabama. The Gophers beat the Crimson Tide 20-16 in the 2004 Music City Bowl in Nashville. Minnesota is 9-8-1 against current teams in the SEC.

Go Gophers!!

This is just holding that $300k hostage, in case MN decides to cancel the return trip. They'd use that towards paying for a new buy game to replace it.

Isn’t this true of most non conference games? I thought it was customary for the home team to pay the visitor’s bill.

Top Bottom