Gophers Overalls

I've bought a lot of stuff at Fleet Farm over the years..that said, if you are buying gameday attire at Fleet Farm..good chance you are a hawkeye.

I've bought a lot of stuff at Fleet Farm over the years..that said, if you are buying gameday attire at Fleet Farm..good chance you are a hawkeye.

Hey I just bought a Gopher shirt there last week! They have shirts in big and tall varieties ;something the bookstore caps at 2x. What can I say I'm just a bigger gopher fan than you :p

Just because agriculture is the second-largest industry in this state does not change the fact that those things look HIDEOUS.

Just because agriculture is the second-largest industry in this state does not change the fact that those things look HIDEOUS.

actually Rock I was going to ask you, TCF neighbor of mine, whether you were gold and I was maroon, vis a versa, or whether we spend the ten bucks extra and go for the maroon and gold split look?

I wonder if they would even let 370 pounds of spandex clad Gopher FEVER in the front door or would that be chili that got too hot?

Sounds like a Jeff Foxworthy joke

If you buy your college attire at Fleet Farm....you might be a redneck (Iwegian)

People should rock the all gold or all maroon suits! I remember a green guy wearing one during the Gopher hoops game and it causes a spectacle!

I know farmers sometimes wear overalls, but don't they generally take them off when done with their work, the purpose being to protect the clothes underneath?

Does anyone remember Elvis' gold suit from the 50's? That would be cool to wear to a game. A whole stadium wearing highly reflective gold shirts during a game on a sunny day. Just cover them up with t-shirts when the reflections would be in the Gophers' eyes.

I come from a farming family. Over 50% of my uncles are still in the farming business. I guarantee you that they have never worn overalls out to eat, to a sporting event or any other social activity.

This is not a "farm" or "agricultural" issue in my mind. This is 100% a fan-attire issue. If I had said that I found the gorilla suits to be in poor taste, would all of the zoologists out there have a problem with that?

The biggest problem I have with the overalls is that they are Iowa's "thing." And, yes, I do view most of the Iowa fans I've seen wearing these as rednecks (not rednecks as in they are farmers, but rednecks as in they have probably never lived on a farm, but are classless yokels with confederate flags on their pickup trucks that are never used to haul anything).

If you want to emulate Iowa fans, that is fine.

If everyone wore maroon and gold plaid flannel shirts and earflap hats, that would be unique to Minnesota and I wopuld applaud it. Or gold hockey jerseys. Or gold fishing hats and waders. Just not some rip-off of a style that Iowa has already claimed.

Personally, I choose to wear a gold Minnesota hoodie and a gold ballcap - that seems to work well for me.

I continue to be fascinated by the fact that some people care even one iota what other people wear to Gophers games.

I know there wasn't a dress code instituted at the Metrodome. Does anyone know if this will be the case at TCF?

I mean, seriously. Live and let live, people.

If everyone wore maroon and gold plaid flannel shirts and earflap hats, that would be unique to Minnesota and I wopuld applaud it. Or gold hockey jerseys. Or gold fishing hats and waders.

Actually, those are solid ideas.

And, yes, I do view most of the Iowa fans I've seen wearing these as rednecks (not rednecks as in they are farmers, but rednecks as in they have probably never lived on a farm, but are classless yokels with confederate flags on their pickup trucks that are never used to haul anything).

Of course, that is totally wrong. But, whatever.

You may be on to something here

If everyone wore maroon and gold plaid flannel shirts and earflap hats, that would be unique to Minnesota and I wopuld applaud it. Or gold hockey jerseys. Or gold fishing hats and waders.

I really like the idea of the maroon/gold plaid shirts and earflap hats...something similar to the style worn by Walter Mathauw (sp?) in Grumpy Old Men only maroon and gold...

I'm looking forward to seeing these available from your new business sometime soon!!!

Top Bottom