Gophers open up as 3.5 point underdogs vs. Northwestern

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per this tweet from Doogie: "The #Gophers open as 3.5 point underdogs vs. Northwestern."

Go Gophers!!

I thought it would be even with us at home.

This is right around where I thought it would be. I could see a point or two more, but it's at our place, which is usually worth three points on opening lines.

I will say this. I am not impressed with Northwestern at all. One can never prove the negative, but in the absence of the muffed punt and the phantom pass interference call, Penn State should have held them scoreless in the first half. I think Northwestern is a team we can match up with physically and if we can keep their offense off the field, we have a chance.

This is right around where I thought it would be. I could see a point or two more, but it's at our place, which is usually worth three points on opening lines.

I will say this. I am not impressed with Northwestern at all. One can never prove the negative, but in the absence of the muffed punt and the phantom pass interference call, Penn State should have held them scoreless in the first half. I think Northwestern is a team we can match up with physically and if we can keep their offense off the field, we have a chance.

The line feels about right to me with them coming off a loss and us having not played since the Iowa game. If Gray gets ruled out at some point here I could see it shift more heavily towards Northwestern at that point.

As for Northwestern their offense scares me some because they can be explosive at times, their defense however appears pretty ordinary so we can hopefully put some points on the board against them. I think this has the potential of being a typical MN/NW game with lots of scoring and back and forth action.

The line feels about right to me with them coming off a loss and us having not played since the Iowa game. If Gray gets ruled out at some point here I could see it shift more heavily towards Northwestern at that point.

As for Northwestern their offense scares me some because they can be explosive at times, their defense however appears pretty ordinary so we can hopefully put some points on the board against them. I think this has the potential of being a typical MN/NW game with lots of scoring and back and forth action.

I agree that this is a game where a healthy Gray could make a huge difference. Northwestern looks pretty small and not particularly athletic on defense and a healthy Gray could probably bulldoze for some key yards.

I hope beyond all hopes that the Gophers win, but if I look at this game from an non-biased gambler's perspective I think the easy bet is on NW. I just have a bad taste in my mouth left from the Iowa game, and feel this team needs to prove they can hang with the other Big 10 teams. For the record, I don't bet on sports anymore so I hope I'm completely wrong and we blow them off the field!

Top Bottom