Gophers open -4.5 vs Air Force

alpinegopher

Reaction score
Couple other interesting lines

PENN ST -28 vs Syracuse
Usc -7 vs OHIO ST
Notre Dame -4.5 vs MICHIGAN

Big week for the Big Ten. Most teams have real solid opponents.

wow, we r favored!! was interested in how that spread would play out, thats a good sign for the Gophs

Hate to be pessimistic about the Big 10, but man I'd put a TON of money on USC minus 7. I think it's going to be a blowout. USC will have no problem controlling Pryor, all they need to do is have their freshman QB manage and not make mistakes and their talent will do the rest.

Can't believe the Gophers are favored actually. Trying to be optimistic, but I'm very worried about trying to defend this unusual offense of Air Force's.

We will see just how "good" syracuse really is this week... -28 for PSU is pretty amazing....wow...

We will see just how "good" syracuse really is this week... -28 for PSU is pretty amazing....wow...

PSU giving 28 sounds about right. Gophs win by 17 if they make those picks and I think PSU will. Gotta make those picks.

This is really surprising to me. I would've said Air Force -2.

Anybody know the over/under?

Not out yet on my book. Usually a day or 2 before kind of thing.

Anyone else surprised at Iowa -6.5 against Iowa state? I know Iowa looked like crap, but Iowa State is garbage.

'course Iowa State has been garbage since Senaca Wallace left...

Not out yet on my book. Usually a day or 2 before kind of thing.

Anyone else surprised at Iowa -6.5 against Iowa state? I know Iowa looked like crap, but Iowa State is garbage.

And what is the series record since then? Iowa State has won something like 7 out of the last 11 or 12 I seem to recall. I expect Iowa to win, but I think I did each of those times too.

I'd be all over the Cyclones at +6.5. They looked far better against their 1-AA team (NDSU) than the Hawks did. Plus Captain Kirk has taken far better teams than this to Ames and gotten beat (see 2002).

Purdue is +12 at Oregon even after the Quackers laid an egg in Boise, the Domers are favored by 3 1/2 in Ann Arbor, and you might like Houston +15.5 at Oklahoma State (Hangover anyone?).

Observations

USC is taking a true freshman QB on the road for his first test in front of 100,000.

Syracuse plays their 2nd of three against the Big Ten. Hard to judge them when they just played a team most are emotionally attached to. Hope they give PSU a game.

Iowa has lost 4 of the last 5 in Ames. Iowa is always a slow starting team. O-line play takes time to develope. I hope this is a good sign for the Gophers. This could be the first Gopher team in years to improve as the year goes on instead of fade.

ND and Michigan intrigues me this week. Some think ND is a BCS team this year.

I'd be all over the Cyclones at +6.5. They looked far better against their 1-AA team (NDSU) than the Hawks did. Plus Captain Kirk has taken far better teams than this to Ames and gotten beat (see 2002).

Purdue is +12 at Oregon even after the Quackers laid an egg in Boise, the Domers are favored by 3 1/2 in Ann Arbor, and you might like Houston +15.5 at Oklahoma State (Hangover anyone?).

I'm staying away from Purdue game. Same with Michigan and OSU game.

Love USC -7

Lock of the Year

Penn State to cover the 28 points. PSU 45-10.

Captain Kirk has taken far better teams than this to Ames and gotten beat (see 2002).

Actually, that 2002 game was at Kinnick Stadium.

Iowa has won 4 of the last six (2003-08), but Iowa State had won the previous five before that (1998-2002). Iowa had won the previous 15 straight before that (1983-97)

Covers.com

Air Force at Minnesota: The Golden Gophers play their first game in TCF Bank Stadium. Given the way Minnesota played in its opener at Syracuse, the only people making deposits Saturday will be the ones taking the Falcons and the points.

Covers.com

Air Force at Minnesota: The Golden Gophers play their first game in TCF Bank Stadium. Given the way Minnesota played in its opener at Syracuse, the only people making deposits Saturday will be the ones taking the Falcons and the points.

Fair enough take, Brewster, Fisch, and the Gophers have a lot to prove this weekend with the new offense.

With luck we'll see the kind of improvement we saw last season between game 1 and game 2. As I recall the sky was falling after we squeaked by NIU and folks were worried we'd lose to BGSU. In the end we made improvements and got a nice W.

Obviously AFA is a much different challenge but I'm hopeful we'll see a similar improvement in our execution and end the first game on a high note. :)

The problem is, along with AF's offense, the Gophers may end up being overhyped as well and vulnerable to some pretty big mistakes.

Gophers are down to -3.5 and -3 on some sites. I am a little worried about this game Saturday. We looked SLOPPY at Syracuse.

Top Bottom