Gophers offseason update: a look into the transfer portal | Gopherhole

It must be the worst kept secret in town that Kerwin's going into the portal, otherwise that's kind of a bad look. With that being said would love to add him for the next three years

It must be the worst kept secret in town that Kerwin's going into the portal, otherwise that's kind of a bad look. With that being said would love to add him for the next three years
It's also just that he is a 4 star recruit who barely sees the court after playing quite a bit next season. People are going to speculate about a kid like that without even a hint of it from his side. It seems only logical.

It's also just that he is a 4 star recruit who barely sees the court after playing quite a bit next season. People are going to speculate about a kid like that without even a hint of it from his side. It seems only logical.
I get that amongst fans, but seems like a dangerous gam if you're actual member of the media

I get that amongst fans, but seems like a dangerous gam if you're actual member of the media
Oh yeah, they've been doing that for years. But I agree with you.

I'm sure Doogie will have a headline that says something like "It wouldn't be shocking to see Kerwin Walton enter the transfer portal and the Gophers might be a team he could have interest."

Here we go again. The kids and the coach chose other schools than the u.

Oh yeah, they've been doing that for years. But I agree with you.

I'm sure Doogie will have a headline that says something like "It wouldn't be shocking to see Kerwin Walton enter the transfer portal and the Gophers might be a team he could have interest."
Considering Ben Johnson was Doogie's source during the Pitino era, I would think he could get some easy scoops out of him now

The word 'cannot' is a typo, right? Otherwise, this is a very odd tweet...
If you actually go to the tweet there is an immediate correction right after it saying it was supposed to say can not cannot.

Because yeah, as worded that would be a very different tweet than what was intended.

70% to land Kerwin!? Looking better every day!
I hate to say it but I don't think that these percentages are objectively based on any facts. Kerwin hasn't even entered his name in the portal as his team is still playing in the Final Four. Based on that fact alone, I would say that we have a 0% chance of landing Kerwin!

I will start to pay attention about a particular transfer when I hear the Johnson has been in touch. I will take things more seriously when I learn that the player has scheduled or has already visited.

I'm curious where Anders Nelson will play next year. Saw him in a few MIAC games prior to St. Thomas moving up and he's an interesting player. Quietly effective on the court. There would probably be questions about whether he is athletic enough, but he's a good player.

I hate to say it but I don't think that these percentages are objectively based on any facts. Kerwin hasn't even entered his name in the portal as his team is still playing in the Final Four. Based on that fact alone, I would say that we have a 0% chance of landing Kerwin!

I will start to pay attention about a particular transfer when I hear the Johnson has been in touch. I will take things more seriously when I learn that the player has scheduled or has already visited.
Some players have been knocked out of the tournament and their name is in the portal before the plane has landed. Kerwin and Curbelo have had similair freshman and sophomore seasons...

I'm hoping we'll mainly see Fox, Ihnen and Payne, with those 3 being able to hold down those post spots. Thompson sprinkled in. Thompson has just got to get stronger.

I don't expect to see Ola-Joseph at all next year.

I agree. Ola-Joseph has the biggest bust potential of the incoming freshman

I think Payne can play the 5 against most teams. He is about the same size as Oturu.

I think Battle likely still sees a lot of minutes at the 4 (depending upon the development of Ihnen and Fox's ability).
4s and 5s are interchangeable

4s and 5s are interchangeable
I disagree. I don't think positionless basketball really means that there are not any positions.

I think Payne can play with a stretch 4 next to him (Battle). I think Olo-Joseph could play next to Payne but I don't think we would ever put out a lineup where Olo-Joseph and Battle are our posts.

So maybe a better way of saying is that I think most of Payne's minutes will when he is our largest guy on the court and he is defending the opponents largest player.

Ehhh you think so? Payne, Carrington, Henley all seem high to me

I don't know JOJ's game at all
Yeah now that you list them out they all could have high ceilings haha. Carrington and Payne seem like low risk, Henley medium risk, JOJ high risk, but all 4 have high rewards. And now I'm sounding like the biggest homer ever. I'm really excited about these four to say the least

Yeah now that you list them out they all could have high ceilings haha. Carrington and Payne seem like low risk, Henley medium risk, JOJ high risk, but all 4 have high rewards. And now I'm sounding like the biggest homer ever. I'm really excited about these four to say the least
So this is what you do. Bookmark that post and refer to it if he blossoms into a star. If he doesn't, let the post fade away. I'm excited about all four also. Why not be?

I agree. Ola-Joseph has the biggest bust potential of the incoming freshman
Probably biggest question mark. A lot of it because he went to prep school, Looks to be very athletic but maybe a tweener Think coaching staff saw a great deal of upside. I’m excited to see what he can do.

Top Bottom