Gophers offer WKU transfer DB Beanie Bishop

Last edited:

Walley, Stapp and Bishop would be real solid.

I assume he played cb? How many years does he have left?

Walley, Stapp and Bishop would be real solid.
I'm expecting a big jump from Jalen Glaze as well.

I'm interested to see what happens with T. Smith He has shown flashes at times but he keeps losing PT to emerging stars (St. Juste and then Walley). He just kind of has that feel like an upperclassman who could put it all together for his senior season.

I think both of the posts mentioning Glaze and Ortiz are on point. While I wouldn't turn away an experienced DB, I also would hate to see any of the young talent at CB with tons of upside get frustrated by another transfer with multiple years of eligibility left.

I'm interested to see what happens with T. Smith He has shown flashes at times but he keeps losing PT to emerging stars (St. Juste and then Walley). He just kind of has that feel like an upperclassman who could put it all together for his senior season.
I thought Smith looked pretty good when he was in last season. But yeah, seems we have some good young depth at DB now, wouldn't be bad to add a veteran like this Beanie though. I wonder if they view Stapp as a nickle back or an outside corner.

The Michael Carter route!

I remembered being excited for him as a true freshman, when he showed a lot of promise alongside the expected rookie mistakes. Yes, let's hope for a complete senior season!

Bishop playing right now in the Buca Bowl on ESPN.

This should be a fun game too. WKU's QB, Zappe, now needs four more (after already getting one on the opening drive) TD passes to break Burrow's record of 60 TD passes in a single season. Going to be a high scoring one.

We've got ourselves a bishop. Now, let's go and get some rooks!

Did the path for high school kids playing D1 college football get more challenging? They have lots of competition. The transfer portal changed recruiting forever.

High school players can play in lower divisions hoping to be the next Jack Gibbens and get noticed by D1 programs.

Will other high school and smaller college players find the Gophers PWO program and those like it attractive? The Gophers award scholarships with regularity to players who earned the privilege. Some families must find it desirable to entrust their kids to play in a developmental program like Gopher Football. They know their kids will get an education in life beyond playing football.

I think PJ Fleck is building quite a reputation as a molder of men.

Will other high school and smaller college players find the Gophers PWO program and those like it attractive?

And here is an example:

Last edited:

Top Bottom