Gophers offer New York TE/DE

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per this update from SuperPrep.com:

Bishop Kearney High School athlete Jerome Lewis wants to play his recruiting close to the vest and he’s still exploring all of his options which is very understandable. On Wednesday he did pick up another to add to the list and talk to Scout.com about it.

Rochester, N.Y., native Jerome Lewis grabbed another offer on Wednesday when Minnesota gave him the nod and the 6-foot-4.5, 225-pound tight end/defensive end is very happy about it.

“Minnesota offered me yesterday,” Lewis said. “I talked Coach Tim Brewster and two other coaches and they all seemed pretty cool actually. The offensive coaches want me at tight end and the defensive coaches like me at defensive end. Apparently one of the coaches didn’t want me to talk to one of the others and they were messing around so the offense got me which was funny.”

“I know they’ve had a lot of quality running backs there and I know that Coach Lewis worked with Jermichael Finley who is one of the best tight ends I’ve seen, so that is exciting. It’s cool to know that he lives and breathes the tight end position.”

Go Gophers!!

Some one might want to point out that the head coach has had some pretty good luck coaching NFL TE's.:clap:

Top Bottom