Gophers offense

chri1673

Reaction score
I know the new offense is based off of establishing the run and pounding the rock but this is becoming even more obviously ineffective with lack of a top tier running back and lack of a consistent offensive line. (no way it will work against Penn st. ohio st. and Iowa.) We need more big plays to help kick start the offense. With the big time speed of carpenter and Stoudermire how is it after 5 games our longest passing play is 53yards (decker). with 40 yards(decker) being the next closest. It seems to me that we maybe run one or two play action deep a game with the ball always going to Decker. I know Weber under threw 2 of these passes to Decker last week where a perfect ball may have led to a bigger play. I also saw earlier this year on the wildcat formation play where Weber got a hand off then threw to Decker for about 30 yards, Stoudermire was streaking open over the middle of the field for what would have been a walk in TD. With that being said we are need to open the field way more and take some shots down the field more often.
I would also be a fan of going into a hurry up offense for a few series every game.
Note: first post go easy.

Welcome aboard chri.

I am frustrated that we didn't see any of the more innovative game calls we saw especially against Northwestern, and saw a lot less Gray and Whaley rushing. All in all it was way too vanilla of game calls against another team that sees a base pro-set every time they look in the mirror. The Badger defense must have felt like it was spring ball at some points during the game.

Nice first post.

On offense Brew has frequently said that he wants the ball in his playmaker's hands...it's JF's job to see that's the O game plan and it's Weber's job to get the ball in their hands...that's been one of the obvious problems and its Brew's/JF's job to fix it.

It like old memories with our running game in the first half lugging the heavy rock close to 6 yds a pop. Looked like we could have our first 200+ rushing game in a long time. And I looked for the same the second half and may even carry that awful burdensome and cumbersome piece of granite 40 time or more. Or maybe even 45 if the D continued to protect our lead!! Hoards! What are we watching here? Has the OL really improved? Does Fisch finally get it. This is like a good dream.

Then I woke up.

An witnessed how a team really does pound the rock.

Top Bottom