Gophers non-conference win streak is believed to be the longest active streak in Division I Football Bowl Subdivision.

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Shooter:

The Gophers football team, which will play Miami (Ohio) on Saturday in Minneapolis, has won 19 straight non-conference games since losing to Texas Christian in the first game of the 2015 season. The streak includes four bowl victories (two Quick Lane, one Holiday, one Outback). That non-conference win streak is believed to be the longest active streak in Division I Football Bowl Subdivision.

Go Gophers!!

I imagine we were the favorite in all of the games except for Auburn, Washington State and possibly Georgia Tech and Fresno State…we’re in for a dogfight for the blackjack game at Colorado…

per Shooter:

The Gophers football team, which will play Miami (Ohio) on Saturday in Minneapolis, has won 19 straight non-conference games since losing to Texas Christian in the first game of the 2015 season. The streak includes four bowl victories (two Quick Lane, one Holiday, one Outback). That non-conference win streak is believed to be the longest active streak in Division I Football Bowl Subdivision.

Go Gophers!!
I remember the TCU game well. They were highly ranked and we hung with them to the end.

It’s believed to be the longest current nonconference win streak, but it is also believed by Reusse to not be impressive at all.

Leidner fumbled late inside the 10. Classic.
As I remember, the two head coaches agreed they would not schedule any more games against each other, too tough a non-conference warmup for either I guess.

Top Bottom