Gopher's National Ranking

figi

Reaction score
What will happen to our national ranking (18th and 25th ) if Mbakwe isn't allowed to play this year ? Obviously it will be adversely affected. But, how far do you think we will fall?

Shouldn't be affected at all. Yes..it would be a blow but I think local expectations of Mbakwe are more than the national expectations. White and Williams are the hype nationally. Lots of returning players from a NCAA team with two top 50 players joinging the group..no need ro reduce the ranking.

The nice thing is that this team is so deep that we can absorb the loss. Just means a lot more minutes for Royce and a few more for Sampson and Iverson and maybe Johnson.

No effect whatsoever. I doubt any voters even know who Mbawke is - let alone whether or not he will play. I think people are expecting way too much from this kid. Not saying he's not capable of contributing, but he did nothing at Marquette and his production at the JUCO level came against........well JUCO competition. Don't expect Dwight Howard type performances right off the bat. Remember the hype surrounding Carter and Bostick?

No effect whatsoever. I doubt any voters even know who Mbawke is - let alone whether or not he will play. I think people are expecting way too much from this kid. Not saying he's not capable of contributing, but he did nothing at Marquette and his production at the JUCO level came against........well JUCO competition. Don't expect Dwight Howard type performances right off the bat. Remember the hype surrounding Carter and Bostick?

Does anyone remember all of the hype surrounding Art Vandelay?

He is really a cool guy, just extremely opinionated. Other than that, Art V. is OK.

Top Bottom