Gopher's MASH Unit?

hungan1

Reaction score
Does anyone know how many Gophers are on the injured list, and how many of these are out for the entire season?

The injury bug is what may derail the team from a good season.

I don't know if we will get word before the "two deeps" are announced on Thursday. Fingers crossed on Maye, Christenson, and Lingen.

Plsek
Anyanwu (not counting on either to play this year)
Brandon Lingen
Berkley Edwards
Gentry
Jeff Jones
KJ Maye
Jon Christenson (fingers crossed this isn't an ACL)
Lauer (seems to have one injury after another)
Alex Mayes
Demarius Travis
Ace Rogers
Campion (looked like he played the whole game so hopefully no more concussion symptoms).

That's a helluva of injury list.

Okay, but I want to discuss why we cannot win with Leidner at QB some more and how we should start playing Croft.

Plsek
Brandon Lingen
Berkley Edwards
Gentry
Jeff Jones
KJ Maye
Alex Mayes
Demarius Travis
Ace Rogers
Campion (looked like he played the whole game so hopefully no more concussion symptoms).

when do we start wondering if our conditioning is a problem with all the injuries? Concussions and leg injuries are killing us

How can concussions be related to conditioning?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Too much hitting. Not saying this is true but maybe we go too physical in camp. But we want to have a physical team.
Seems like Gophers have had a lot injuries the last few years but maybe this is every team and I just notice Minnesota. One of the reasons you want cupcakes is preserving health. Get up early andplay a lot of back-ups.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't know about the hitting but they should take a look at the project Minnetonka HS is doing with the mouth guards and trying to prevent concussions and kneck injuries. Seems to be at least worth looking at.
That program seems to be on the advanced side of researching the effects of whiplash the role the kneck excercises, and mouth play in concussions. We seem to have concussion issues every year on this team. It's part of football because of the violence and hitting but would be nice if they could find a way with the mouth guards and protective gear to try and reduce this stuff.

Plsek
Brandon Lingen
Berkley Edwards
Gentry
Jeff Jones
KJ Maye
Alex Mayes
Demarius Travis
Ace Rogers

Is that all, or did you run out of time? Sometimes a rash of injuries hits the scout team... That's all guys would would have at some point been labeled starters this season? Sheesh.

Yikes! 10-12% of roster after two games.

Too much hitting. Not saying this is true but maybe we go too physical in camp. But we want to have a physical team.
Seems like Gophers have had a lot injuries the last few years but maybe this is every team and I just notice Minnesota. One of the reasons you want cupcakes is preserving health. Get up early andplay a lot of back-ups.

Kill said himself they only hit a couple of times in camp. Plus you're either concussed or you're not. You don't slowly get a concussion over time.

maybe the concussions are coming from the equipment they are using

the helmets are always getting looked at to improve sometimes they get it wrong and the new helmets can actually cause more head injuries

but we have a large amounts of ankle and knee and back etc.. maybe we only notice how many injuries happen to our team but there sure seems to be a lot of them lately

Yikes! 10-12% of roster after two games.
If I remember the stats from a year ago on this subject of football injuries, the average US team will have a third of the team out for injuries at least once during the season. It may have been more.

Coach Klein's training program is suppose to cut down on the rate of injuries.
Concussion and impact injuries obviously don't count.

Okay, but I want to discuss why we cannot win with Leidner at QB some more and how we should start playing Croft.

Actually, when you play more tired and dragged out, you start lowering your head, especially on the line...better conditioning can
in fact keep players more up tempo with training them to play with their heads up preventing concussions #headsupfootball

When are open tryouts going to be held?

Aren't we already having one for a new QB? I hope we don't spend too much time evaluating these tryouts. Limegrover can't afford that time away from scouring for game-plan ideas on GH.

Especially in the aftermath of Hoke and the Michigan game last year, it may not be a worse concussion problem, but rather a greater precaution and awareness.

Not too many years ago, unless you were completely addle-brained or had a bone sticking out, you're were at least listed as a probable.
You may not have played, but technically you could have.

Not only is there no chance taken anymore,it's almost a flag if you don't have a player under concussion watch.
Considering the long-term effects..... rightly so.

This staff is very conservative in diagnosing and treating concussions, some of the players that are sitting, wouldn't, in other programs. What we don't know, from the outside, is how much the conservative approach inflates the numbers. I'm just happy to see the staff putting the kids first, ask Beckman and Hoke, what happens when you don't.

Has anyone heard any injury updates on Travis and/or Ace Rogers? Or maybe I should be patient and wait for the depth chart to be released.

Top Bottom