Gophers land former top-100 WR Texas A&M transfer Dylan Wright

the offense we ran this year has more upside....but it’s harder to execute than KC’s system was.

Neat wild guess, you have no actual clue if this is true or not.

Ask Utah State and Western Kentucky about upside.
My 2021 hope is that you can tone it down a bit here on GH. You often have good posts, but attacking others is just so unbecoming. I wish you a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year with kindness and benevolence.

the offense we ran this year has more upside....but it’s harder to execute than KC’s system was.

Neat wild guess, you have no actual clue if this is true or not.

Ask Utah State and Western Kentucky about upside.

typical tool! All you do on this message board is give your opinion just like the poster you replied to. Your opinion is not fact, so you call out another poster for an opinion. Talk about a clown 🤡 honk honk

From Burns:

A few notes.

1) Minnesota saw Wright a couple of years ago at a Houston Baptist camp and offered him immediately after, so they have seen him live before.

2) Former Gopher DB coach Mo Linguist helped out here. He and Wright were tight and you'll remember that Linguist left Minnesota for A&M. Sounds like Linguist had good things to say about Fleck.

3) I'd look for Wright to be used in the "X" receiver role for Minnesota. The field stretcher aka Bateman in 2019.

Hell of a job by Clay Patterson, Matt Simon and PJ Fleck.

My 2021 hope is that you can tone it down a bit here on GH. You often have good posts, but attacking others is just so unbecoming. I wish you a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year with kindness and benevolence.
What attack? That' silly.

Happy Kwanzaa to you too!!!
edea76f22bba73f5008e9bb963ab5f42.jpg

typical tool! All you do on this message board is give your opinion just like the poster you replied to. Your opinion is not fact, so you call out another poster for an opinion. Talk about a clown 🤡 honk honk
I never said my opinion is fact. I often proclaim that I am wrong very often (it's true). I also often remind people that I do nothing other than provide opinions.

And ... I can call out his particular opinion on this. How silly of you to suggest that isn't valid.

Note Dylan Wright was rated 7 spots higher than Purdue’s David Bell out of HS in the ‘19 class per 247

I have a lot of faith in PJ and Simon developing these guys. People scoff at PJ’s mental, physical, spiritual rhetoric. But for a kid like Dylan the mental and spiritual can make all the difference in achieving his potential.

Potential to be the best pickup in the class when it is said and done.

From Burns:

A few notes.

1) Minnesota saw Wright a couple of years ago at a Houston Baptist camp and offered him immediately after, so they have seen him live before.

2) Former Gopher DB coach Mo Linguist helped out here. He and Wright were tight and you'll remember that Linguist left Minnesota for A&M. Sounds like Linguist had good things to say about Fleck.

3) I'd look for Wright to be used in the "X" receiver role for Minnesota. The field stretcher aka Bateman in 2019.

Was rated 7 spots higher than Purdue’s David Bell in the ‘19 class.

Note Dylan Wright was rated 7 spots higher than Purdue’s David Bell out of HS in the ‘19 class per 247

I have a lot of faith in PJ and Simon developing these guys. People scoff at PJ’s mental, physical, spiritual rhetoric. But for a kid like Dylan the mental and spiritual can make all the difference in achieving his potential.

Potential to be the best pickup in the class when it is said and done.

It is becoming clearer that the Gophers Football Program is Life U. The program is about more than just playing football.

From Burns:

A few notes.

That's interesting. It's easy to think people always leave on poor terms.

I noticed this too (4yrs). How is this possible after being sparingly used his first 2 years?

One of the two years counts as his redshirt year and the other (2020) doesn't count against guys. Pretty sure that is why he has 4 left which is awesome, especially if Fleck/Simon can tap into his potential which is clearly off the charts given where he was ranked coming out of high school.

One of the two years counts as his redshirt year and the other (2020) doesn't count against guys. Pretty sure that is why he has 4 left which is awesome, especially if Fleck/Simon can tap into his potential which is clearly off the charts given where he was ranked coming out of high school.

👍 Thanks, makes sense. I forgot about freshman playing a limited number of games and redshirting. Love the potential, and optimistic our program/Fleck & Co. will be a positive impact.

That's interesting. It's easy to think people always leave on poor terms.
I think a lot of coaches really do want to see players and other coaches succeed.

People / players leave for various reasons, it would be understandable to be disappointed at times and that's ok, but the next step is what you do about it and that's up to you ... being a jerk about it always seems unnecessary.

With covid he essentially has six calendar years to play five seasons instead of five to play four, with 2020 being one of the five. So 2021-2024 will be his remaining four calendar years to play four seasons.

This is a win-win for the Gophers and Dylan Wright. Simon and Fleck are going to help him refine his phenomenal attributes into a desirable NFL draft pick.

The Gophers are getting a legitimate homerun threat that will stretch Defenses and make other offensive weapons shine. If our OL stay healthy, watch out.

With covid he essentially has six calendar years to play five seasons instead of five to play four, with 2020 being one of the five. So 2021-2024 will be his remaining four calendar years to play four seasons.

Same with a lot of current Gophers. Guys like Treyson Potts, Cam Wiley, James Gordon, DeAngelo Carter, Mike Brown-Stephens, Donald Willis, Rashad Chaney, Logan Richter, JJ Guedet and a few others have all been here for two seasons, but will ALL essentially be third-year FRESHMEN next season. They will have FOUR years left starting next season.

Same with a lot of current Gophers. Guys like Treyson Potts, Cam Wiley, James Gordon, DeAngelo Carter, Mike Brown-Stephens, Donald Willis, Rashad Chaney, Logan Richter, JJ Guedet and a few others have all been here for two seasons, but will ALL essentially be third-year FRESHMEN next season. They will have FOUR years left starting next season.
Yep. Every 2019 redshirt in college football still has 4 years of eligibility remaining.

Top Bottom