Gophers' Kill: 'A heck of a lot of psychology work' in this week's plans

So that is what this board has become - a guy who says he doesn't like fans booing during the game is now a "troll."

Gee, I thought this was a place to express different opinions about Gopher FB - at least that's what the "Leidner s*cks" crowd keeps saying.
The people who criticize the coaches and players demand the right to express their opinion, but if someone tries to support the coach and players, then they're a "troll."

Gopher Hole - Fair and Balanced!

"A person whose sole purpose in life is to seek out people to argue with on the internet over extremely trivial issues."

Guess I was technically incorrect. Guess should have stuck with "dick" or "d-bag".

No, he became a d-bag earlier this year when he was openly campaigning for Kill to take the Michigan job because the people here didn't "respect" him enough. Among other reasons. Thought he was almost trying to be reasonable this time and engaged him. He wasn't. My mistake.

Oh, and written many, many posts supporting Mitch and the players, oh, hell, you weren't trying to be accurate now were you? :D

"Coach Kill• (On if people are upset because expectations have been raised) "This is the best problem you'll ever have, you do better, and you want to continue to do better. I'd rather have someone care, than not cared. They bought a ticket, I would have booed…well, maybe not, I would have yelled. My wife asked me afterwards, you didn't play very well. The only thing was getting asked about specific players, I'm not going to throw a player under the bus. We've got other issues other than one person."

Not gonna call Kill a troll either. Hope the "other guys" don't read this. :eek:

If I remember correctly, you previously said that you are a Kill fan and if Kill were to leave so would you. To me that's annoying, it's similar to when a person says they love the Miami Heat and as soon as Lebron went to Cleveland they were buying Cavs gear, saying they were a Cavs fan from day 1
You don't remember correctly. Neither does my other adversary Iceland12. You make up things to justify your behavior. For instance, I pointed out to you that I still follow NIU and SIU and root for them to succeed. I haven't campaigned for Kill and his staff to leave. I have no affinity for Michigan. They seem to like it here and the fan base has mostly supported them. Now some have estimated half the stadium was booing in a win. "Not booing the players, booing the coaches or the play-calling..." Whatever. You ought to look up loyalty. I believe it to be a virtue that is in need of some work in Minnesota. I've adopted the Gophers. I support the players and coaches, arguably with more passion than you. Many, like you and Iceland12 think spending money gives you the right to behave poorly. I disagree.

You ought to look up loyalty. I believe it to be a virtue that is in need of some work in Minnesota

If you knew our history, you'd know that loyalty for most people who post here is not an issue. If someone hasn't jumped off the bandwagon by now, they never will.

Now some have estimated half the stadium was booing in a win.

In my opinion I don't think it was even close to half the stadium booing. Maybe in the student section, but where we were sitting I don't think I heard a boo from anyone close to us.

If you knew our history, you'd know that loyalty for most people who post here is not an issue. If someone hasn't jumped off the bandwagon by now, they never will.

In my opinion I don't think it was even close to half the stadium booing. Maybe in the student section, but where we were sitting I don't think I heard a boo from anyone close to us.
Thanks for a civil response. I have learned a lot about Gopher football history in the last five years. I meant no disrespect to the majority of fans and alums that are dedicated and loyal. If you've never been booed in a stadium by your own "fans," you ought to at least try to imagine how it would feel to the players and coaches who want to succeed. This isn't a lazy, entitled group. They're facing adversity. Some bad bounces, some bad calls, and even our own mistakes. But, we're not hapless idiots, either. Whatever number you want to put on the fans booing, IMO it isn't just "part of the game," it's disloyal, disrespectful, and unacceptable. JMHO. If that makes me a target for ridicule, I guess I gladly accept it. Bring it.

:cool:
You don't remember correctly. Neither does my other adversary Iceland12. You make up things to justify your behavior. For instance, I pointed out to you that I still follow NIU and SIU and root for them to succeed. I haven't campaigned for Kill and his staff to leave. I have no affinity for Michigan. They seem to like it here and the fan base has mostly supported them. Now some have estimated half the stadium was booing in a win. "Not booing the players, booing the coaches or the play-calling..." Whatever. You ought to look up loyalty. I believe it to be a virtue that is in need of some work in Minnesota. I've adopted the Gophers. I support the players and coaches, arguably with more passion than you. Many, like you and Iceland12 think spending money gives you the right to behave poorly. I disagree.

Never booed the Gophers. Said I didn't. Meant nothing to you. Think your fixation, your disrespect for fans and players is either pretending or a true sign of mental illness. Only disrespect you. That must be "behaving poorly".;)

Oh, here's a guy you must really hate then.

Coach Kill • "(On if people are upset because expectations have been raised) This is the best problem you'll ever have, you do better, and you want to continue to do better. I'd rather have someone care, than not cared. They bought a ticket, I would have booed…well, maybe not, I would have yelled. My wife asked me afterwards, you didn't play very well. The only thing was getting asked about specific players, I'm not going to throw a player under the bus. We've got other issues other than one person."

Bet you want that guy buggy whipped huh?:confused:

I wasn't at the game, so I wasn't booing anyone. I don't boo, I don't find it useful. I have a few private messages from you stating your loyalty is with Kill and when he is no longer at Minnesota you will most likely move on. My wife and I donate money (small amount) and we request it goes to volleyball program since the wife is a volleyball alum.

and that is all I have to say about that

I wasn't at the game, so I wasn't booing anyone. I don't boo, I don't find it useful. I have a few private messages from you stating your loyalty is with Kill and when he is no longer at Minnesota you will most likely move on. My wife and I donate money (small amount) and we request it goes to volleyball program since the wife is a volleyball alum.

and that is all I have to say about that

I'm glad you donate, glad you don't find booing useful. I still don't understand your issue with me, but assume it applies to anyone who wasn't born a Gopher football fan. That includes Coach Kill and his staff (with the exception of some former Gophers on the staff). They didn't root for Minnesota before they came here, and should the folks here want him to leave, he'll move on to someplace else. Meanwhile, they're giving all they have to Gopher success. If the Gopher fan base realizes they couldn't do better and gets fully behind this staff and it's leaders, I'm confident Kill will finish his career here and I'll be a Gopher fan until I die.

:cool:

Never booed the Gophers. Said I didn't. Meant nothing to you. Think your fixation, your disrespect for fans and players is either pretending or a true sign of mental illness. Only disrespect you. That must be "behaving poorly".;)

Oh, here's a guy you must really hate then.

Coach Kill • "(On if people are upset because expectations have been raised) This is the best problem you'll ever have, you do better, and you want to continue to do better. I'd rather have someone care, than not cared. They bought a ticket, I would have booed…well, maybe not, I would have yelled. My wife asked me afterwards, you didn't play very well. The only thing was getting asked about specific players, I'm not going to throw a player under the bus. We've got other issues other than one person."

Bet you want that guy buggy whipped huh?:confused:
You're a hater. I am not. Your exaggerations are tiresome, and your trolling misrepresentations of my comments are unhealthy. My solutions are not to whip anyone and I don't hate those booing. I think the psychology of sports has many examples of teams being affected by the energy -- positive or negative - from it's fans. If you didn't boo and want to be commended by me, I commend you. I'm hoping those that aren't booing will encourage those who are to stop, and perhaps educate them on a better way to support the team. If you think that is disrespecting fans who boo, so be it. I also don't disrespect the players, and, in fact, respect them tremendously.

I'm glad you donate, glad you don't find booing useful. I still don't understand your issue with me, but assume it applies to anyone who wasn't born a Gopher football fan. That includes Coach Kill and his staff (with the exception of some former Gophers on the staff). They didn't root for Minnesota before they came here, and should the folks here want him to leave, he'll move on to someplace else. Meanwhile, they're giving all they have to Gopher success. If the Gopher fan base realizes they couldn't do better and gets fully behind this staff and it's leaders, I'm confident Kill will finish his career here and I'll be a Gopher fan until I die.

If Jerry Kill leaves might as well shut the whole football program down. Was there even a football program at the U before Jerry Kill?

A useful concept, but was Coach Kill loyal to the fans or even players at SIU and NIU? When the opportunity came he left NIU pretty quick, so I hear. Didn't the players find out via text message, or some such? There is nothing wring with criticizing a staff that is underperforming and failing the players ( and fans). That said, there is plenty of time to get the ship upright and like Mitch, I think they have the ability.

It's not right to go to extremes as some do, but you're on the opposite side of the spectrum with some sort of wierd zealotry. This is why you sound like a relative of one of the coaches.

Agreed, I was in section 103 and did not hear the booing. For myself with a 3 point lead I was happy with every play in the 4th quarter that started and ended with us still winning.

Top Bottom