Gophers in the NFL

TJ has been showing over the last several weeks he should be getting more run. Blocks incredibly well. Great route runner and body control. Would imagine either Brown is ushered out or they use his progression as a reason they can let Godwin go next year

Even if Brown goes they're going to keep Godwin and TJ will still need to beat out Miller for WR3

AB is always one night away from going AB and then Johnson will see the field more.

They brought Brown in only for the one year, right? I can't imagine them burying him behind three other receivers for another year. Four considering Scotty Miller always seems to catch a ball or two each game as well.

They brought Brown in only for the one year, right? I can't imagine them burying him behind three other receivers for another year. Four considering Scotty Miller always seems to catch a ball or two each game as well.

Wow. So excited to see so many former Gophers make the Championship games.
Watching the Buccs so much fun. AWJ and TJ made huge plays. Like to think it was their performances in the Outback Bowl/the chance to scout in person that solidified their positions on the Buccs draft board. Rise Up and Ski-U-Mah.

Even if Brown goes they're going to keep Godwin and TJ will still need to beat out Miller for WR3

As long as TJ makes plays when the opportunities present themselves he will find a home somewhere in the league. Tampa is pretty deep at WR so maybe he will end up needing to go somewhere else to find meaningful playing time or maybe he will be a bigger factor in Tampa after this year. He might never be a star in the NFL but I could see him having a nice long career.

Winfield on the other hand has superstar written all over him. Already making a ton of noise as a rookie. Great pub for the U if he continues to blow up at the NFL level.

That’s interesting, thanks for posting. Hopefully TJ18 can make the most of his opportunities next week.

All depends on the money for Godwin and if he wants to chase being a WR1 somewhere. He's been very good the last 2-3 years and may command some money. Depends on if TB wants to spend it there even with the massive Evans contract or if they feel they need to lock down some other defensive players

Wow I total missed TJs catch, unreal. Winfield’s strip was a major turning point in the game for Tampa. They really took off after that. At least one gopher will be in the super bowl from the NFC but I am hoping it is the team with two Gophers that makes it :)
Skip Bayless and Shannon Sharpe called out these two plays as the "play of the game" and the "catch of the day" on their podcast.

Right around 3:25 and 13:00.

Wow. So excited to see so many former Gophers make the Championship games.
Watching the Buccs so much fun. AWJ and TJ made huge plays. Like to think it was their performances in the Outback Bowl/the chance to scout in person that solidified their positions on the Buccs draft board. Rise Up and Ski-U-Mah.

I believe I read somewhere that Arian's attended the Outback game with his son. After watching AWJ and TJ put on stellar performances, he said he wanted to get them both in the draft. Sure as sh*t he drafted them both.

I believe I read somewhere that Arian's attended the Outback game with his son. After watching AWJ and TJ put on stellar performances, he said he wanted to get them both in the draft. Sure as sh*t he drafted them both.

Shouldn't be a surprise. I'd bet that a number of the Bucs coaching staff were in attendance. The Outback Bowl is played in their home stadium.

T

The Vikes outsmarted themselves. They could have gotten AWjr. Maybe TJ too. Two hometown heroes.

AWjr was the steal of the draft.

T

The Vikes outsmarted themselves. They could have gotten AWjr. Maybe TJ too. Two hometown heroes.

AWjr was the steal of the draft.

They really didn't. Spielman has proven time and time again that he could care less about the Gophers OR the hometown angle. With his son going to Nebraska and then getting spanked by the Gophers....I wouldn't doubt that he has an active dislike of the team.

They really didn't. Spielman has proven time and time again that he could care less about the Gophers OR the hometown angle. With his son going to Nebraska and then getting spanked by the Gophers....I wouldn't doubt that he has an active dislike of the team.
If this were the case he would not have drafted Nate Stanley. To suggest that an NFL GM avoids a guy simply because of a dislike for a certain school is ridiculous IMO.

Not a big fan of rubbing salt in the wounds. Cook wasn't even part of the '09 Saints team.
Twas all in good fun. Pretty sure an NFL player can handle some trash talking.

If this were the case he would not have drafted Nate Stanley. To suggest that an NFL GM avoids a guy simply because of a dislike for a certain school is ridiculous IMO.

Maybe, maybe not.

Ruh Roh...

Bucs safety Antoine Winfield Jr. questionable for Sunday’s NFC title game

Watching Mr. Winfield is my primary motivation but have seen and listened to Tampa Bay games enough to watch anyway.

Hoping he sees the field but of course only if okay. Hoping Tyler's out there too.

Yup, Arians got them both nicely wrapped in bowties the top two favorite Gophers in the Outback Bowl. In the meantime, the Vikes had them under their canopy all along but couldn't see them.

Is that what we call blindsided view? Just imagine the PR for both the Vikings and the Gophers if AWjr is wearing purple. TJ will be a bonus.

I don't know what to think of both Spielman and Zimmer.

They could have used AWjr.

Arians said Tyler "was the best man on the field" as he watched the bowl game in person. Pretty high praise considering who was on Auburn's roster at the time.

Very fun game and having both Winfield and Johnson on the Bucs has been a great story to follow this season.

Yup, Arians got them both nicely wrapped in bowties the top two favorite Gophers in the Outback Bowl. In the meantime, the Vikes had them under their canopy all along but couldn't see them.

Is that what we call blindsided view? Just imagine the PR for both the Vikings and the Gophers if AWjr is wearing purple. TJ will be a bonus.

I don't know what to think of both Spielman and Zimmer.

They could have used AWjr.

Spielman sucks.

Top Bottom