Gophers in the NFL

rudy

Reaction score
Maybe I'm wrong... But it seems like ever single senior who saw playing time last year has an NFL contract right now. Amazing...

Because none of the components of our running game (or pass pro for that matter) fall under this category.

Let's see how many still have jobs Week 1 of the season. Only 2 were actually drafted. NFL teams stockpile undrafted FA's every year to fill their practice squads and scout teams for training camp. It's the same reason players like Toby Gardenhire get invited to Major League Spring Training every year.

Let's see how many still have jobs Week 1 of the season. Only 2 were actually drafted. NFL teams stockpile undrafted FA's every year to fill their practice squads and scout teams for training camp. It's the same reason players like Toby Gardenhire get invited to Major League Spring Training every year.

Yeah but getting invited as a tryout player and getting signed are two different things. Our boy Jeff Tow-Arnett just got his multi-year deal. Only one player last year made it this far...

Yeah but getting invited as a tryout player and getting signed are two different things. Our boy Jeff Tow-Arnett just got his multi-year deal. Only one player last year made it this far...

IF he makes the team. I'm not saying he won't, but contracts are not guaranteed in the NFL.

There is an 80-player training camp limit. Teams won't sign a player that won't have a chance to make a roster.

what about pittman? Oh wait Brewster can't develop offensive talent....

Wow! Congrats and Good luck to all of them. I hope to see you guys playing again on Sundays!

Top Bottom