Gophers hire RB coach

He was also listed as the special teams coordinator at UNI. Also, I don’t know about his recruiting abilities, but he is from Columbus, GA so perhaps he can help with the GA pipeline.

Sure, works for me!

So we just need a CB coach, now?

Have OC, TE, RB, and DL taken care of.

I’ve seen nothing official on the rumored hire of Winston as the DL coach. Did I miss that?

Based on this NIU was 29th in Rushing yards per game, 10 ypg below us at 19th. This could easily be explained by a talent gap so I don't think I'm worried about our rushing game regressing due to coaching, more so what talent we have behind Mo.

Hope he's a good recruiter/got an eye for talent...

This guy has coached some talent that have helped teams get to playoffs. 13+ years of coaching experience.

**FROM NIU SITE**
McKissic-Luke spent three successful seasons at South Dakota State helping the Jackrabbits to the FCS Playoffs each year working alongside offensive coordinator Eric Eidsness. During his first two seasons in Brookings McKissic-Luke worked with Zach Zenner, a consensus All-American and two-time first team All-MVFC selection who later played five seasons in the NFL.

In 2016, YSU tailbacks Martin Ruiz and Jody Webb earned All-MVFC first team and honorable mention accolades, respectively, and played a key role in Youngstown State’s run to the National Championship Game. The duo each rushed for 1,000 yards with Webb leading the way amassing 1,342 yards, while Ruiz tallied 1,153. Additionally, Webb set the school record for all-purpose yards in a season and was named a third team AP All-American.

Recently coached for former RB Coach Thomas Hammock

Fun tidbit of info is that he has Special Teams Coordination experience at his last to stops as well.

Last edited:

He was also listed as the special teams coordinator at UNI. Also, I don’t know about his recruiting abilities, but he is from Columbus, GA so perhaps he can help with the GA pipeline.
He graduated High school in Little Rock Arkansas, so probably little connection to GA. He's coached the last 10 years in Ohio, South Dakota, and Illinois. He about 38-39 years old I presume.

I love the hire of these successful non-Power 5 coaches. Great resume'. I wonder if he'll step into the associate head coach role too? Or maybe Callahan takes that on and McKissic-Luke takes running game coordinator?

This guy has coached some talent that have helped teams get to playoffs. 13+ years of coaching experience.

McKissic-Luke spent three successful seasons at South Dakota State helping the Jackrabbits to the FCS Playoffs each year working alongside offensive coordinator Eric Eidsness. During his first two seasons in Brookings McKissic-Luke worked with Zach Zenner, a consensus All-American and two-time first team All-MVFC selection who later played five seasons in the NFL.

In 2016, YSU tailbacks Martin Ruiz and Jody Webb earned All-MVFC first team and honorable mention accolades, respectively, and played a key role in Youngstown State’s run to the National Championship Game. The duo each rushed for 1,000 yards with Webb leading the way amassing 1,342 yards, while Ruiz tallied 1,153. Additionally, Webb set the school record for all-purpose yards in a season and was named a third team AP All-American.

Recently coached for former RB Coach Thomas Hammock

Fun tidbit of info is that he has Special Teams Coordination experience at his last to stops as well.
Cutting and pasting others' writing, trying to pass it off as original. Nice.

Cutting and pasting others' writing, trying to pass it off as original. Nice.
Thanks for the call out. Thought it was obvious that a professional wrote that. Yes it was from the NIU website.

Thanks for the call out. Thought it was obvious that a professional wrote that. Yes it was from the NIU website.
Put in quotes and cite. Very uncool.

It's unacceptable, this website requires proper citation and even though it was clear to anyone with a fully-functioning brain that it was written elsewhere, we still have our academic standards to maintain.

Based on this NIU was 29th in Rushing yards per game, 10 ypg below us at 19th. This could easily be explained by a talent gap so I don't think I'm worried about our rushing game regressing due to coaching, more so what talent we have behind Mo.

Hope he's a good recruiter/got an eye for talent...
They ran the ball less than us.

He graduated High school in Little Rock Arkansas, so probably little connection to GA.
What?

That’s like saying he graduated in Cincinnati so he probably has connections in Alabama.

What?

That’s like saying he graduated in Cincinnati so he probably has connections in Alabama.
I had eluded in a prior post that he was from Columbus, GA so he might have connections to keep the pipeline open. Maxy noted that he graduated in Arkansas so the connections to Georgia may not be strong.

I had eluded in a prior post that he was from Columbus, GA so he might have connections to keep the pipeline open. Maxy noted that he graduated in Arkansas so the connections to Georgia may not be strong.
Lol that makes more sense

I inserted the word “a” as I read it I think

“A little connection”
Rather than
“Little connection”

What about Chicago style?
My vote is that we accept all citation formats but we absolutely require consistency. Once you pick one, you need to use it and be consistent.

Top Bottom