Gophers guard Both Gach is expected to enter the transfer portal

Have you considered they are all tired of the relentless bullshit from so called fans?
Ben Johnson has been here for 2 months and you folks are screaming like chicken little. That's just pathetic.
When calling out the entire fan base you need to elaborate. If you are referring to comments on GH having an effect on the transfer status of players, you're INSANE.

Again, I like Johnson. However, with the reality on the ground- things are not off to a good start. Pitino started getting backlash in year 2 and in fact, a lot of people here never liked him. This is not a black white thing. This is people questioning competence, qualifications and early results. We have had a couple of weeks of bad news with no good news. That's what happens in a situation like this...People will have doubts.
2 months...

When calling out the entire fan base you need to elaborate. If you are referring to comments on GH having an effect on the transfer status of players, you're INSANE.
I am referring to this metro area and its media. That includes this site.

I am referring to this metro area and its media. That includes this site.
So basically the entire fan base, 90% at least, still with no elaboration. The media has been publicly very supportive of the hire and several high profile players/coaches from MN gave the hire their overwhelming stamp of approval, so what exactly has publicly transpired that made so many recruits bail? GH has no influence on players who transferred out this spring. Not sure who is more delusional, you for thinking GH has an impact on the roster, or the player who left because he was criticized on GH.

Nobody on this board wanted specifically a white coach. Nobody. That post is complete garbage. What we all want is a winner and a coach selected for competence not color. I like Ben, it's going to be a tough job and this is really, really a tough start which is not helped by the chaos in college basketball right now. That's where we are. We all want this to work.
There are plenty of black coaches more qualified than Ben too. I pointed out that I thought Sam Mitchell made more sense, so claiming race as a motivator for most people is absurd. Some of the posters who are upset could be people of color as well, this is an anonymous board.

Interesting to me is this team appears to have no culture or chemistry. None of these guys wanted to stick together

Be honest. Many on the board wanted a white guy who they thought could be the messiah who brought Minnesota to new heights. Moreso, Ben Johnson doesn't fit your messiah type.

My point? Sit back and stop your bitching. Let Ben Johnson do his best and in 3 years, judge him against Richard Pitino. Stop trying to crucify him at 3 months.
You are trying way too hard.

So basically the entire fan base, 90% at least, still with no elaboration. The media has been publicly very supportive of the hire and several high profile players/coaches from MN gave the hire their overwhelming stamp of approval, so what exactly has publicly transpired that made so many recruits bail? GH has no influence on players who transferred out this spring. Not sure who is more delusional, you for thinking GH has an impact on the roster, or the player who left because he was criticized on GH.
Nice deflection from your self.

Wait...so you think we should have kept Pitino!? HAHAHA!

Laugh this dunderhead off the board.

We should have built a statue for our messiah.

Maybe instead of the school rouser he would send out chants for everyone to do.

After he would float across the raised floor and turn the gatorade coolers into white claws

Have you considered they are all tired of the relentless bullshit from so called fans?
Ben Johnson has been here for 2 months and you folks are screaming like chicken little. That's just pathetic.
If you think Gopher fans are bad, you need to spend time on other team's forums. Yikes. Other places make this place look like Mr. Rogers Neighborhood. This is big-time sports. There is a reason Pitino limited (or at least claimed to) social media access to players during the season.

Go visit a Kentucky forum. There are plenty of fans wanting to either fire/kill/maim Calipari due to one subpar season during Covid.

Be honest. Many on the board wanted a white guy who they thought could be the messiah who brought Minnesota to new heights. Moreso, Ben Johnson doesn't fit your messiah type.

My point? Sit back and stop your bitching. Let Ben Johnson do his best and in 3 years, judge him against Richard Pitino. Stop trying to crucify him at 3 months.
I've said this numerous times before, but I'll say it again. The vast majority of fans were very excited to land Tubby. The vast majority of fans were SUPER pumped with the prospect of landing Shaka before Pitino was hired. Go look back at the number of pages of the "Shaka Watch" post, and as I remember, almost every one was super pumped with the idea that he may come here. Many people still hold Clem to demi-God like status, even with the transgressions. Last I checked, all three are black. Have you ever considered the fact that maybe YOU'RE the racist one? I would imagine most here don't care what race the coach is, and just want to win. You, on the other hand, seem to want to lower standards based on the coach's race. Do you think he's not as capable due to his race? See, it's pretty easy to throw the racist card around, isn't it?

Nice deflection from your self.
Because I'm on GH and give no credit to myself or others on this board for influencing players? Still no specifics or elaboration. You: "they are all tired of the relentless bullshit from so called fans" That is a very specific claim you refuse to give any credibility to. GH apparently has so little influence with the administration that they hired someone we're all mad about, but at the same time has an extreme amount of influence over the roster as we're responsible for everyone transferring... Dohkay.

Last edited:

If you think Gopher fans are bad, you need to spend time on other team's forums. Yikes. Other places make this place look like Mr. Rogers Neighborhood. This is big-time sports. There is a reason Pitino limited (or at least claimed to) social media access to players during the season.

Go visit a Kentucky forum. There are plenty of fans wanting to either fire/kill/maim Calipari due to one subpar season during Covid.
We are talking about Gopher fans. I couldn't care less about other fan sites.
Johnson has barely been here more than 2 months and already people are melting down.

I've said this numerous times before, but I'll say it again. The vast majority of fans were very excited to land Tubby. The vast majority of fans were SUPER pumped with the prospect of landing Shaka before Pitino was hired. Go look back at the number of pages of the "Shaka Watch" post, and as I remember, almost every one was super pumped with the idea that he may come here. Many people still hold Clem to demi-God like status, even with the transgressions. Last I checked, all three are black. Have you ever considered the fact that maybe YOU'RE the racist one? I would imagine most here don't care what race the coach is, and just want to win. You, on the other hand, seem to want to lower standards based on the coach's race. Do you think he's not as capable due to his race? See, it's pretty easy to throw the racist card around, isn't it?
I think Ben is more than capable of running this program and I find it offensive that people are dragging him through the mud in less than 3 months. I find it offensive that people hated him immediately upon being hired. That's not fair and people who have exhibited such actions are very likely racist in nature.

Because I'm on GH and give no credit to myself or others on this board for influencing players? Still no specifics or elaboration. You: "they are all tired of the relentless bullshit from so called fans" That is a very specific claim you refuse to give any credibility to. GH apparently has so little influence with the administration that they hired someone we're all mad about, but at the same time has an extreme amount of influence over the roster as we're responsible for everyone transferring... Dohkay.
Did you forget that I framed the bold in the form of a question or do you simply enjoy being dishonest.

Say what you will, but a white guy named Pitino with less experience got hired and no one trashed him like they're trashing Ben Johnson. If you can't make the connection... that's on you.
Your facts are wrong. Pitino had the best year in the school’s recent history as a head coach.
Pitino worked under National Championship coaches as an assistant.
His dad is in the basketball Hall of Fame.
Ben has never been a head coach.
Has Ben ever coached on a Top 25 team?
if so it was under Pitino.

We should have built a statue for our messiah.

Maybe instead of the school rouser he would send out chants for everyone to do.

After he would float across the raised floor and turn the gatorade coolers into white claws

This looks like you're admitting that you're full of shit. But keep trolling pal. I think it's fun that goons waste their time pushing weird narratives before getting banned.

Your facts are wrong. Pitino had the best year in the school’s recent history as a head coach.
Pitino worked under National Championship coaches as an assistant.
His dad is in the basketball Hall of Fame.
Ben has never been a head coach.
Has Ben ever coached on a Top 25 team?
if so it was under Pitino.
Sure and now Pitino is in Albuquerque. Did you start bitching in month 2 of Richards tenure?

Both Minnesota and Xavier are major NCAAB programs. He has been an assistant at both for nearly a combined ten years. Johnson knows what the job entails.

It seems like everyone making the "qualified!" argument feel like the longer you coach....the better you get. Like if you haven't actually been the head coach....you don't understand the X's and O's or don't truly understand how an offense works. It's nonsense.
If you have never been a head coach there is nothing to predict what kind you’ll be. Proven head coaches fail at different stops or steps. The odds sky rocket on first timers being successful.

Very very few coaches walk into a winning season the year after a coach is fired. Anything that "falls" on Coyle for next years performance will be from the few fans who are too dull to realize that we were highly unlikely to be good anyways.
Yup, any dull idiot knows Musselmans ceiling was 6 wins. Sheesh. Stupid people.

Players shouldn't care what people on a message board say. Kind of like how nobody should care about the garbage that you spew. Bite it.

If you have never been a head coach there is nothing to predict what kind you’ll be. Proven head coaches fail at different stops or steps. The odds sky rocket on first timers being successful.
Yup, any dull idiot knows Musselmans ceiling was 6 wins. Sheesh. Stupid people.

Sounds a bit like you can see the future.

Top Bottom