Gophers going with black uniforms vs MSU

Lmao kudos to whomever predicted this in the other thread

Puke.
Hated it (wearing non-school colors) when teams started this years ago.
Hated it when the trend caught on.
Hate it for us.
Don’t mind special uniforms occasionally (really appreciated the throw-back golds used recently), but stick to school colors. Let the players get excited about who we are (not Iowa). Black? Really?

I normally HATE this trend (black/anthracite/non school colors)...but actually kinda like these ones.

Maybe it's the Block M, the maroon/gold trim...they kinda remind me of the black unis Clem used to break out in the 90's.

As an alternate/1 game a year, I'm good. They're 10x better than the abominations Fleck's teams roll out, with zero maroon/gold whatsoever

Not a fan of the black unis for the Gophs but these are about as good as you can get. Nice touch with the contrasting maroon block M and gold numbers on the front. Just win baby.

I normally HATE this trend (black/anthracite/non school colors)...but actually kinda like these ones.

Maybe it's the Block M, the maroon/gold trim...they kinda remind me of the black unis Clem used to break out in the 90's.

As an alternate/1 game a year, I'm good. They're 10x better than the abominations Fleck's teams roll out, with zero maroon/gold whatsoever
I am not a massive fan of all the alternate (non team color) jerseys that teams use but it is what it is and kind of fun sometimes.

I do agree that the black jerseys look way better in basketball than they do in football when we break them out.

I don't hate the concept of black jerseys, the problem is that maroon, gold and black don't go particularly well together so it always looks cheap. It's like putting a hot dog on a pepperoni pizza.

If they want to wear black, they need to really reduce the maroon and gold to outlines and piping.

Little surprised. Ben is highly superstitious. Thought he might keep going with the unis from the last game. (Now have that Stevie Wonder song in my brain.)

Why does everyone freak out when the Gophers wear black uniforms?

Because it isn't maroon or gold?

Well, why has no one freaked out the 13 times we have worn white uniforms so far this season? White is neither maroon or gold, right? The Golden Gophers could certainly opt to wear gold. But, they chose white 13 times. And no one says anything.

Weird to me how black unis freak people out.

Well, why has no one freaked out the 13 times we have worn white uniforms so far this season? White is neither maroon or gold, right? The Golden Gophers could certainly opt to wear gold. But, they chose white 13 times. And no one says anything.

I don't like white either, but that is the accepted home uniform for every home basketball team. Pretty easy to see why no one complains or freaks out. Black is not the traditional color for every team home or away. I like the gold because it looks better and makes us more unique.

I don't post about it every time because I've given up. They are going to do whatever they want. Me posting here isn't going to mean anything.

Haha I don't like how often we choose to wear white at home either.

We had a black alternative jersey in 1997, we somehow managed through that and had the best season in school history.

Go Gophers!!
I don't remember. It has been blurred from my memory.:mad:

Once the ball is tipped off, kicked off, or the puck is dropped, I spend zero seconds thinking about the unis.

So, I only care to the point that the players seem to like them, and that’s all that matters.

When do we get the maroon and gold camo unis?

Good uniforms.

Only one nit to pick - the maroon NOB disappeared in the black jersey.

As much as I am against black uniforms, these really aren't that bad. I really like the gold numbers and the Block M on the front. But please wear gold the majority of the time.

Top Bottom